View Poll Results: Do you prefer Numbers or Excel?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numbers

3 27.27%
  • Excel

8 72.73%
    Thought this might be a good one. Do you prefer Apple's spreadsheet solution (Numbers), or Microsoft's Excel? Both are extremely powerful for sure, but there are pros and cons to each.

Go ahead and vote in the poll above, and be sure to leave comments as to why you prefer one over the other.
    11-22-2013 09:47 AM
    It's a tough call. I had to vote for Excel purely because of its flexibility and utility.
    I find Numbers makes it extremely easy to produce a good looking final product.
    Where Excel shines is in its utility dealing with statistics and the use of VBA scripted macros.

In my current job, Excel offers exactly what I need, but I could definitely see why people performing certain tasks would prefer Numbers hands-down.
    11-22-2013 09:56 AM
    Have to go with Excel for the time being. For what I have to use spreadsheets for, I have to use Excel for the VBA scripting and integration with other Microsoft solutions (Sharepoint, etc.). Most of this is due to my company being Windows-centric for these things, although I still don't think Apple's collaborative solutions (iCloud) are good enough for most companies.
    12-08-2013 05:13 PM
    Google Docs....lol mostly because everyone I work with uses Google Drive already, so it's just easier to use GDocs.
    03-20-2014 10:11 PM
    I would have to go with Excel. I have tried to start things in Excel on my work computer and then work on them in Numbers on my iPad. But my original cell formatting doesn't hold, especially when I go to Save As back to Excel.

Bummer, cause I really wanted to use Numbers.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    03-21-2014 12:02 AM
    Either, because they function basically the same. Having said that, I have the Numbers app installed on my Macbook....
    03-21-2014 08:37 AM
    Numbers' "multiple tables in one worksheet" feature implementation allows formats to be customized for each table in a way Excel simply can't match. This, for me, seals the comparison in favor of Numbers.
    06-12-2014 08:51 AM