I've been a longtime mac mail user on my various iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pros through the years. It has never let me down... however, since the update to Mavericks, I've noticed some quirkiness and general slow down.

Was curious, what email client do YOU use on your Mac? What would you recommend to someone looking for the best email experience?
    11-19-2013 11:03 AM
    I've been a longtime mac mail user on my various iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pros through the years. It has never let me down... however, since the update to Mavericks, I've noticed some quirkiness and general slow down.

Was curious, what email client do YOU use on your Mac? What would you recommend to someone looking for the best email experience?
    I still use Mail. In my pre-OS X days (Windows), I was a huge Eudora fan... but alas, Eudora now sleeps with the fishes... I also used Outlook (MS Office Suite) for a time on Windows, but haven’t even considered it on my Mac - even though I have a copy of Office that included Outlook.

Despite a few quirks, OS X Mail serves me well.
    11-19-2013 11:11 AM
    I still use Mail. In my pre-OS X days (Windows), I was a huge Eudora fan... but alas, Eudora now sleeps with the fishes... I also used Outlook (MS Office Suite) for a time on Windows, but havent even considered it on my Mac - even though I have a copy of Office that included Outlook.

Despite a few quirks, OS X Mail serves me well.
    This is an exact mirror of my experience. In regard to Eudora, that was the king of email programs back in the day. ...
    11-19-2013 11:20 AM
    Although the mail app seems to work ok, I didn't really like it for some strange reason so I started looking out there and found Airmail which works excellent, I like it very much, very customizable and feature complete but easy to use as well. You should check it out, you can download the beta as a "try out" and then buy it if you like it for only $2.99
    11-19-2013 10:54 PM
    I am still sick in the dark ages. I use the Web clients rather that an app lol

Sent from my Note 3 using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-20-2013 02:43 AM
    I like unibox. It makes your email look like conversations by using chat bubbles.
    larrymcj likes this.
    11-20-2013 05:23 AM
    Still using the Mail client. Haven't seen any need to switch as of yet.
    eradicator2k14 likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:07 AM
    I bounce between Sparrow and AirMail, though Sparrow is pretty much on its last legs IMO.
    11-20-2013 12:17 PM
    Most of my email activity is done on the web or on my iDevices, but after iMuggle's profession of love for Airmail, I gave it a shot. I still mainly use the web or iDevices (except for work where we use Windows/Exchange/Outlook), but Airmail is the only email client I fire up on my Mac any more.
    12-08-2013 05:26 PM
    Does anyone use AirMail with a Comcast email account?

I have it working with iCloud but need the config settings for Comcast.

AirMail support told me to contact Comcast, and if you have any experience with CC support it isn't always a pleasant experience.
    12-28-2013 08:17 AM
    Does anyone use AirMail with a Comcast email account?

I have it working with iCloud but need the config settings for Comcast.

AirMail support told me to contact Comcast, and if you have any experience with CC support it isn't always a pleasant experience.
    I found Comcast email settings here. I'm not a Comcast customer, so I can't say if these settings are accurate. Good luck.
    SWFLFFPM likes this.
    12-28-2013 08:41 AM
    Anyone interested in something new and different, try Mail Pilot. Right now it's in public beta, so you can download it for free.
    Last edited by linsiris; 12-28-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-28-2013 12:26 PM
    I also use airmail and love it. I like having all my email accounts in one spot with a unified inbox.
    12-28-2013 03:26 PM
    I found Comcast email settings here. I'm not a Comcast customer, so I can't say if these settings are accurate. Good luck.
    Thanks that page had the correct settings.

Much appreciated.
    01-02-2014 08:27 PM
    I just bought Mail Pilot for the Mac and for iOS. I've been using Sparrow for the longest time but unfortunately I don't see the most innovative company in the history of the world (Google) doing anymore innovating on this app. Don't even get me started on that topic...
    01-18-2014 05:29 AM
    I kinda like how the built in email client works and the way it organizes my mail. It is also pretty dense in terms of information so I really just use that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    01-18-2014 06:37 AM
    I bounce between Sparrow and AirMail, though Sparrow is pretty much on its last legs IMO.
    is Sparrow Mail APP closing down ? And is not good ?
    01-18-2014 10:30 PM
    People who use AIRMAIL have you guys also noticed this, that AIRMAIL though however efficient it may be, it still has some lag in recieving mails. I mean just as a Test I tried to send myself a Test Mail and it came to my mailbox from a different email account Gmail to Yahoo after 10-15 Minutes. So this Pushmail isnt instant (Versus what it is supposed to be) is the Pushmail not suppossed to be instant ? I can see the Yahoo webmail had recieved that mail but the AIRMAIL Push service had only sent a alert after 10-15 minutes. Has anyone else noticed that ?
    01-19-2014 01:36 PM
    I still use sparrow and it's ok for me. Don't use alot of mail on my mac
    01-20-2014 03:51 AM
    Airmail is perfect for me. I like it's interface and design. Also it is very convenient and easy to use. This combination of qualities rarely found together. That's why Airmail is my choice.
    08-11-2014 12:47 PM
    I've been using Altamail for the last days & absolutely love it. By far the best mail client in iOS, and I've tried quite a few.

_-TechnologyTwitt-_
    iPad Air / Space Gray / 16GB
    T-Mobile * 5GB Data
    08-11-2014 05:57 PM
    I use Mac OS built in Mail
    08-15-2014 06:16 AM
    Since this MacBook Air is my first Mac, I've been using Mail since iCloud configured that by default. I installed Office 2011 for Mac but saw that iCloud doesn't support it and doesn't look like it will at any point in the future which sucks. I use Outlook on my primary laptop so it would've been nice to have Outlook working on my Air as well.
    08-15-2014 09:25 AM
    Same here. I wish Google would do the right thing with Sparrow, but Airmail is a pretty good replacement. They're also working on an iPad & iPhone version with Continuity in mind.
    08-16-2014 09:32 AM
    Use the built in mail. Microsoft Exchange emails works well with the built-in mail app, so no need for other email apps for me
    09-12-2014 03:47 AM
64 123