What email client are you using on your Mac?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been a longtime mac mail user on my various iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pros through the years. It has never let me down... however, since the update to Mavericks, I've noticed some quirkiness and general slow down.

Was curious, what email client do YOU use on your Mac? What would you recommend to someone looking for the best email experience?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been a longtime mac mail user on my various iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pros through the years. It has never let me down... however, since the update to Mavericks, I've noticed some quirkiness and general slow down.

Was curious, what email client do YOU use on your Mac? What would you recommend to someone looking for the best email experience?

I still use Mail. In my pre-OS X days (Windows), I was a huge Eudora fan... but alas, Eudora now sleeps with the fishes... I also used Outlook (MS Office Suite) for a time on Windows, but haven’t even considered it on my Mac - even though I have a copy of Office that included Outlook.

Despite a few quirks, OS X Mail serves me well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still use Mail. In my pre-OS X days (Windows), I was a huge Eudora fan... but alas, Eudora now sleeps with the fishes... I also used Outlook (MS Office Suite) for a time on Windows, but haven?t even considered it on my Mac - even though I have a copy of Office that included Outlook.

Despite a few quirks, OS X Mail serves me well.

This is an exact mirror of my experience. In regard to Eudora, that was the king of email programs back in the day. ...:)

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Although the mail app seems to work ok, I didn't really like it for some strange reason so I started looking out there and found Airmail which works excellent, I like it very much, very customizable and feature complete but easy to use as well. You should check it out, you can download the beta as a "try out" and then buy it if you like it for only $2.99

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I am still sick in the dark ages. I use the Web clients rather that an app lol

Sent from my Note 3 using iMore Forums mobile app

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Most of my email activity is done on the web or on my iDevices, but after iMuggle's profession of love for Airmail, I gave it a shot. I still mainly use the web or iDevices (except for work where we use Windows/Exchange/Outlook), but Airmail is the only email client I fire up on my Mac any more.

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use AirMail with a Comcast email account?

I have it working with iCloud but need the config settings for Comcast.

AirMail support told me to contact Comcast, and if you have any experience with CC support it isn't always a pleasant experience.

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use AirMail with a Comcast email account?

I have it working with iCloud but need the config settings for Comcast.

AirMail support told me to contact Comcast, and if you have any experience with CC support it isn't always a pleasant experience.
I found Comcast email settings here. I'm not a Comcast customer, so I can't say if these settings are accurate. Good luck.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone interested in something new and different, try Mail Pilot. Right now it's in public beta, so you can download it for free.

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I just bought Mail Pilot for the Mac and for iOS. I've been using Sparrow for the longest time but unfortunately I don't see the most innovative company in the history of the world (Google) doing anymore innovating on this app. Don't even get me started on that topic...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I kinda like how the built in email client works and the way it organizes my mail. It is also pretty dense in terms of information so I really just use that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
People who use AIRMAIL have you guys also noticed this, that AIRMAIL though however efficient it may be, it still has some lag in recieving mails. I mean just as a Test I tried to send myself a Test Mail and it came to my mailbox from a different email account Gmail to Yahoo after 10-15 Minutes. So this Pushmail isnt instant (Versus what it is supposed to be) is the Pushmail not suppossed to be instant ? I can see the Yahoo webmail had recieved that mail but the AIRMAIL Push service had only sent a alert after 10-15 minutes. Has anyone else noticed that ?

Jstravinski

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Airmail is perfect for me. I like it's interface and design. Also it is very convenient and easy to use. This combination of qualities rarely found together. That's why Airmail is my choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR