What email client are you using on your Mac?

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Altamail for the last days & absolutely love it. By far the best mail client in iOS, and I've tried quite a few.

_-TechnologyTwitt-_
iPad Air / Space Gray / 16GB
T-Mobile * 5GB Data

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Since this MacBook Air is my first Mac, I've been using Mail since iCloud configured that by default. I installed Office 2011 for Mac but saw that iCloud doesn't support it and doesn't look like it will at any point in the future which sucks. I use Outlook on my primary laptop so it would've been nice to have Outlook working on my Air as well.

Patrick J Mannion

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I wish Google would do the right thing with Sparrow, but Airmail is a pretty good replacement. They're also working on an iPad & iPhone version with Continuity in mind.

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Altamail for the last days & absolutely love it. By far the best mail client in iOS, and I've tried quite a few.

_-TechnologyTwitt-_
iPad Air / Space Gray / 16GB
T-Mobile * 5GB Data

Can you sort by sender, date received/date sent etc with this app?

I am looking for an app that has sort functions similar to Outlook.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can sorta by date, subject, "from" and unread. Also, it has a very good "search" engine, where it will display any message based on the text you enter in the field. It also has a more advanced search, see the screenshot: ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410527717.295931.jpg

You can also swipe left or right (from within a message or while viewing the entire folder) to mark as read, move to a folder (it remembers going forward what folder you move a message to), delete etc..)

Like I said, I've tried a lot of apps and this by far is the most functional and intuitive mail app I've used.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm using the Mac Mail client. However, since using Dropbox on my iPhone I'm really considering trying that out for the Mac. Anyone have a chance to play around with it yet? Any thoughts?

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Odd.

I found the sort but don't have the arrows. I have to tap the double check marks, then send to (square with arrow bottom right of my screenshot), then click sort.

IMG_0464.PNG

Jessica Sills

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I like using Mailtab for Outlook which is in the app store. I refuse to use Apple's mail client until they make changes to it.... possibly when Yosemite is released i will give it a try then. I tried Sparrow but I wasn't to impressed... may have to give air mail a try. :)

Bob Bergeron

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying out the Mailbox App beta for OSX. Was a bit of a bumpy ride at first but things are smoothing out and am enjoy it. It's my go to for the iPhone so glad to see it come to the Mac.

Sam_Lee

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Apple Mail consists of a number of features you can leverage to get the most out of your emails. It's easy to set it up to work with your current email provider. It always depend on how you are comfortable about the application. You can also try Airmail,Sparrow,Unibox and Mozilla Thunderbird.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple Mail consists of a number of features you can leverage to get the most out of your emails. It's easy to set it up to work with your current email provider. It always depend on how you are comfortable about the application. You can also try Airmail,Sparrow,Unibox and Mozilla Thunderbird.

and Outlook.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Right now, just the web clients for my different emails. I used to use the stock OSX mail app, but did not like it. Haven't tried the one on Yosemite yet, but may end up using it if it's better than previous iterations.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I like the Apple Mail app, but have been having some major problems with it lately with a GoDaddy account. So I've been experimenting with others: Airmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, and Postbox. I don't like the layout of Outlook and Thunderbird. I couldn't even get Postbox to create an IMAP account and import everything. I like Airmail, but it had problems syncing with my IMAP folders a bit, and I found emails disappearing from folders occasionally. I've done a support session with Apple and GoDaddy and no resolution. I really wish Apple Mail would just go back to working like it used to! Ugh.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox