Try to run redsn0w = keep getting error

BuckSkinRider

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I have the most recent version of iTunes installed on the PC.

I have redsn0w version 0.9.12b1 unzipped and in a folder.

I double-click the Application file and keep getting this: (see attachment)

I am at a loss and need help in getting past this roadblock.

iPad is A1219 iPad 1 iOSv 5.1.1

Attachments

• iPad_redsn0w_Error_2019-06-27_232803.png
    iPad_redsn0w_Error_2019-06-27_232803.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 13

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully a member who familiar with Jailbreaking and can assist you will reply soon. In the meantime, please update this thread when you've found a remedy. Thanks.

BuckSkinRider

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Hopefully a member who familiar with Jailbreaking and can assist you will reply soon. In the meantime, please update this thread when you've found a remedy. Thanks.

After spending countless hours, both researching a solution and fiddling with the iPad and assorted PC programs that were supposed to help, I have came upon a simple solution that was there all along.

Any old Kindle on the market will do straight-out-of-the-box the things I have been wasting my time trying to accomplish on the iPad; no Apple ID necessary; no iTunes necessary; just plug into USB and drag/drop from Explorer whatever files desired.

It is a shame to discard such a nice piece of hardware just because it is locked into uselessness by it's creators, all in the name of extorting more money from the owner.

I made a few more wasted attempts at adding some photos to the iPad and iTunes gives me a different excuse with each failed attempt.

I believe my only means of getting use out of the iPad is to find a direct download of a much older version of iTunes that was designed with the iPad 1 in mind.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
After spending countless hours, both researching a solution and fiddling with the iPad and assorted PC programs that were supposed to help, I have came upon a simple solution that was there all along.

Any old Kindle on the market will do straight-out-of-the-box the things I have been wasting my time trying to accomplish on the iPad; no Apple ID necessary; no iTunes necessary; just plug into USB and drag/drop from Explorer whatever files desired.

It is a shame to discard such a nice piece of hardware just because it is locked into uselessness by it's creators, all in the name of extorting more money from the owner.

I made a few more wasted attempts at adding some photos to the iPad and iTunes gives me a different excuse with each failed attempt.

I believe my only means of getting use out of the iPad is to find a direct download of a much older version of iTunes that was designed with the iPad 1 in mind.
Bruh, that nice piece of hardware is nine years old and the jailbreak used is 8 years old by a dev team that isn’t together anymore. Things progress, nothing is supported or lasts forever whether it be by Android, Apple, or Windows. BTW, yes you need an older version of iTunes, but it may not sync if you have another device on a more recent version of iOS. It would have updated the .itl file for that version of iOS on the other device. Stick with the Kindle, you won’t get much mileage out of that iPad even jailbroken as the Big Boss repo is shut down and a lot of old tweaks have been depreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Bruh, that nice piece of hardware is nine years old and the jailbreak used is 8 years old by a dev team that isn’t together anymore. Things progress, nothing is supported or lasts forever whether it be by Android, Apple, or Windows. BTW, yes you need an older version of iTunes, but it may not sync if you have another device on a more recent version of iOS. It would have updated the .itl file for that version of iOS on the other device. Stick with the Kindle, you won’t get much mileage out of that iPad even jailbroken as the Big Boss repo is shut down and a lot of old tweaks have been depreciated.

Thank you!....

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro