Unable to save SHSH blobs with Tinyumbrella

memeticist

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I am unable to use Tinyumbrella to acquire SHSH blobs for my iPad 2 that is jailbroken and currently running iOS 7.0.4. When I first start Tinyumbrella, an error log is immediately created (the contents are posted below). I am getting the same response on two computers and one is running Win 7 at 32 bits. I am hoping that someone can make sense of this for me.
Thank you, in advance.

Using Java v1.8.0_91 64 bit
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\jglooks.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\jgcommon.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\btip.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\glist.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\tnail.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\jna.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\jdom.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\lang3.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\compress.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\xz.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\formsrt.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\jgforms.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\asmc.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\asmt.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\asm.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\l4j.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\slfl4jbind.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\slfapi.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\slfjcl.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\json.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\jsonm.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\jsona.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\bc.ja_
Loaded JAR:C:\Users\Gnosis\.tu\.cache\g.ja_
Exception in thread "pool-3-thread-1" java.lang.ClassCastException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.getThrowableException(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.reportException(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateParallel(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateParallel(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(Unknown Source)
at com.semaphore.tu.service.SignatureService.doPrefetchSigned(SignatureService.java:324)
at com.semaphore.tu.service.SignatureService.lambda$prefetchSigned$57(SignatureService.java:260)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Double cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at com.semaphore.tu.service.SignatureService.lambda$doPrefetchSigned$62(SignatureService.java:331)
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachTask.compute(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.CountedCompleter.exec(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "pool-3-thread-3" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Double cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at com.semaphore.tu.service.SignatureService.doPrefetchSigned(SignatureService.java:302)
at com.semaphore.tu.service.SignatureService.lambda$prefetchSigned$56(SignatureService.java:253)
Exception in thread "pool-3-thread-2" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Double cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at com.semaphore.tu.service.SignatureService.doPrefetchSigned(SignatureService.java:302)
at com.semaphore.tu.service.SignatureService.lambda$prefetchSigned$56(SignatureService.java:253)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, someone who jailbreaks their device(s) will reply soon with a remedy for you.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The reason why tinyumbrella can not return any SHSH keys is because you have never save the blobs of the iOS 7.0.4 back to the time it was still been signed. Back to those time, you could have use tinyumbrella installed on your computer to save some couple of signed keys that would work for your iPad under that particular iOS version 7.0.4
Now there is no way to save that iOS version keys anymore, meaning if you lose the jailbreak, you will be force to upgrade to the most recent iOS available for your device.

memeticist

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I thank you for your reply Ariel Babalao, but your explanation leaves unanswered why the error log is formed upon first opening TU and why I am unable to save SHSH blobs for iOS versions that are currently being signed. Also, I do have SHSH blobs save from an older version of TU, which the new version should be able to incorporate.

Last edited:

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I thank you for your reply Ariel Babalao, but your explanation leaves unanswered why the error log is formed upon first opening TU and why I am unable to save SHSH blobs for iOS versions that are currently being signed. Also, I do have SHSH blobs save from an older version of TU, which the new version should be able to incorporate.

iOS is the one that have blobs that can be saved into a server of Cydia or into your computer by the help of TU. The error you see when open TU while having your iDevice connected to it suggest that there is no blobs key saved for that device nor on Cydia server or in the computer you installed the TU in.
Which version of iOS do you have blobs keys saved for? It have to be iOS 7.0.4 or lower, and TU is already telling you that you do not have any saved blobs for iOS 7.0.4 anywhere on Cydia server or in the computer you are presently using (if you have used another computer in the past to save your blobs keys, then you should get back that computer as the keys are stored locally in that computer, and only from that particular computer you can get back the keys from, it's to prevent this computer limitation that you can also save the blobs keys on Cydia server, and this is done directly in Cydia, at the bottom of Cydia home page)
Also notice that from iOS 8 going on, TU does not support them, as well as Cydia server when it comes to saving blobs keys.
Here I'm assuming that you have truly saved the blobs keys of iOS 7.0.4 into a server or into your current computer (you should have done that when iOS 7.0.4 was still signed by Apple, not later. If you tried to save blobs for iOS 7.0.4 when iOS 8 was available for example, then know that it wasn't saved as TU wouldn't be able to get any signed keys from Apple server) then get the right version of iTunes, and TU that was in use when iOS 7.0.4 was in used. Install them, and follow up TU instructions to retrieve your blobs key.
One more thing. The blobs keys serve you to reinstall that very same version of iOS you have 7.0.4, you can not use iOS 7.0.4 blobs keys to install any other iOS version on your iDevice. The idea of the blobs keys is that in case your iOS get corrupted, and you need to reinstall the entire system, the blobs key can help you to stay out of the loop of Apple server which use to force users to upgrade to the most recent iOS. Using the blobs keys store on your computer or in Cydia server, TU will fool Apple server by providing to the server a signed blobs (one that the server signed long ago which was capture by TU and saved into your computer) only then, the server will allow the iOS 7.0.4 to continue installation.
Hope that's not confuse.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're on 7.0.4, then you most assuredly have the 7.0.4 blobs on your device.
You have an issue with tiny umbrella. Perhaps you have an old version. Perhaps you have too new of a version.
In addition to all of this, You have an a4 device. You will always be able to downgrade to any iOS you have blobs for. You might find that you have all sorts of blobs in your device when you get tiny umbrella working correctly.
You can also always go down to 6.1.3 Without blobs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro