Stuck in BOOT LOOP; iPhone refuses to enter SAFE MODE

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks very much for the replies. Really appreciate the tips you have provided in this very helpless situation >.<

I think my only solution would be to restore. Oh well.

And yes, I do have another phone - currently on an iPhone 4S *hur hur*.

Looks like you tried all our options. Hope the restore does the trick so you can use your phone again!

Let us know :)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What I don't understand is not giving him all his options. If he can't get in to undo his mistake how do you suppose he can stop his device from turning into an expensive paperweight

Timing matters. The post paraphrased is "I want to keep my jailbreak and have tried everything I can think of. Does anyone else have any ideas?" You immediately jump to a restore. That is something the OP already knows is an option and is 99% of the time aware of the process. You're not adding to the conversation. You're just implying there are no other ideas that are likely to arise here. That's not helpful. Silence is more helpful. At least in that case, you're not showing incompetence in troubleshooting.

Here's an analogy. A patient shows up with a badly injured arm to see a doctor. We all know there's a chance amputation might be required. Do you start the process getting out your tools to perform the amputation or do you try to save the arm first?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Timing matters. The post paraphrased is "I want to keep my jailbreak and have tried everything I can think of. Does anyone else have any ideas?" You immediately jump to a restore. That is something the OP already knows is an option and is 99% of the time aware of the process. You're not adding to the conversation. You're just implying there are no other ideas that are likely to arise here. That's not helpful. Silence is more helpful. At least in that case, you're not showing incompetence in troubleshooting.

Here's an analogy. A patient shows up with a badly injured arm to see a doctor. We all know there's a chance amputation might be required. Do you start the process getting out your tools to perform the amputation or do you try to save the arm first?

Again you didn't notice the part where I mentioned unless anyone has a better solution! And not everyone that JBs there phone knows all there options there are a lot of novice users that don't know everything

You jump into this thread long after he needed help and you never addressed his issue, you just felt like criticizing the hard work we volunteers do to help members and guest get there devices back into useable form

And as for your Analogy I got into a bad Motorcycle accident and the first thing the doctor told me when I got to the hospital is give them my passcode so they can call everyone because I might not make it. Worst case scenario out of the way and then they proceeded to save my life(device)

Get it now

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Did you have anything to add that might help or is your contribution to tell kataran he was wrong to try? If you had something to add to help the OP it got lost somehow. Please feel free to post it again.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you have anything to add that might help or is your contribution to tell kataran he was wrong to try? If you had something to add to help the OP it got lost somehow. Please feel free to post it again.

He didn't try. That's the point. It wasn't "hard-working." It wasn't effort. It was the avoidance of effort and counterproductive. These threads used to be a lot busier than they are now. As more and more of the volunteer staff here started to comment in this way (or even blasting the jailbreaking community regularly), fewer people were willing to post here.

If you continue to offer downright terrible advice, you push people away. It's adorable you try to get condescending while failing to grasp how far from trying that post was. Context matters. "Get it now"?

Muhammadha_xiq

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
I have iPhone 4s iOS 9.3.5. I have jail broken my phone and install cydia from Phoenix. I have installed a tweak which cause no respond of any app in jailbreak mode but all tweaks are working I try to active no substrate mode but it not activing because Cyrus not responding. When I try to boot up it cause respring and not entering no substrate mode

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have iPhone 4s iOS 9.3.5. I have jail broken my phone and install cydia from Phoenix. I have installed a tweak which cause no respond of any app in jailbreak mode but all tweaks are working I try to active no substrate mode but it not activing because Cyrus not responding. When I try to boot up it cause respring and not entering no substrate mode

If I'm reading right you keep rebooting to safe mode. I would just unistall the tweak while in safe mode. Then use iCleaner to get rid of any residual files left behind.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro