iOS 9 jailbreak. Some apps crash on start when installed. Help!

Foxhaulin

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
So shortly after jailbreaking my iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9.0.2 I started noticing that almost any app installed from the AppStore seems to crash on launch. This is games too but sometimes the apps work no problem. The apps that do not work, I found out they will work without a problem if device is in safe mode. Now I figured it would be a tweak causing the crash but nope everything was wiped clean and I still have the problem. So then I thought well the app detects my jailbreak so I installed a tweak to disable an app from doing so and nothing changed. I've done everything from clearing system files with icleaner to clearing apps and installing tweaks to be a helper and I'm just stumped on this one and usually I'm good at this sort of thing lol

If anyone has a clue of what this problem might be I would be very greatfull to get a fix for this.

Also the apps even installed from cydia will crash. Thanks

~Fox

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If it works in no substrate mode then it's definitely a tweak.
So you must not have wiped everything.

So let's do troubleshooting 101. I haven't made this post since sbsettings was a thing?
First you need iCleaner pro.
Then you need to open it and hit the "+" on the bottom left.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1446951385.199944.jpg
Then hit the bar for Cydia substrate addons
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1446951443.102546.jpg
At that point you will see all your Cydia tweaks with a handy slider to "turn them off"

So here's the best practice for this. Turn off everything in the top 50% of your list. (If you have 100 tweaks turn off the top 50, if you have 10 tweaks turn off the first 5, etc?)

At this point respring and see if apps work.
If they do, then you know the problem is in that first set you turned off, if it doesn't work still, go ahead and disable the rest of the tweaks.
Respring and confirm that apps work. At this point go ahead and turn back on the top 50% again. Respring and confirm that apps now work. Now you will know positively which "50%" of that list tow work in.

At this point take your 50% list and break that into equal parts. Repeat as above, turn off half those tweaks respring and test, continue this pattern until you have bored down to the tweak that is causing the apps not to load.
Keep in mind, while this will make it so your apps work again, it doesn't mean the tweak is broken, or won't work on your os, just that it is conflicting with your current setup.

Example, tweak a night work perfect, and tweak b might work perfect, but when you have tweak a and tweak b installed at the same time, your apps don't open. Removing tweak a results in your apps working again. However if you go an install tweak a again, and remove tweak b, it also results in your apps opening again.
Both tweaks work individually, together they cause issues.

OP, take this knowledge and go forth! You shall solve your own problem! YOU CAN DO IT!

Please report back with the results

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
If it works in no substrate mode then it's definitely a tweak.
So you must not have wiped everything.

So let's do troubleshooting 101. I haven't made this post since sbsettings was a thing?
First you need iCleaner pro.
Then you need to open it and hit the "+" on the bottom left.
View attachment 97711
Then hit the bar for Cydia substrate addons
View attachment 97712
At that point you will see all your Cydia tweaks with a handy slider to "turn them off"

So here's the best practice for this. Turn off everything in the top 50% of your list. (If you have 100 tweaks turn off the top 50, if you have 10 tweaks turn off the first 5, etc?)

At this point respring and see if apps work.
If they do, then you know the problem is in that first set you turned off, if it doesn't work still, go ahead and disable the rest of the tweaks.
Respring and confirm that apps work. At this point go ahead and turn back on the top 50% again. Respring and confirm that apps now work. Now you will know positively which "50%" of that list tow work in.

At this point take your 50% list and break that into equal parts. Repeat as above, turn off half those tweaks respring and test, continue this pattern until you have bored down to the tweak that is causing the apps not to load.
Keep in mind, while this will make it so your apps work again, it doesn't mean the tweak is broken, or won't work on your os, just that it is conflicting with your current setup.

Example, tweak a night work perfect, and tweak b might work perfect, but when you have tweak a and tweak b installed at the same time, your apps don't open. Removing tweak a results in your apps working again. However if you go an install tweak a again, and remove tweak b, it also results in your apps opening again.
Both tweaks work individually, together they cause issues.

OP, take this knowledge and go forth! You shall solve your own problem! YOU CAN DO IT!

Please report back with the results

3cit, I have no issues with any of my Cydia tweaks as we speak, but definitely have had problems in the past, but reading your troubleshooting 101, you just taught me so much! I will save this for future use.

Thank you

Foxhaulin

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
So lol the problem was a tweak called medusa it allows iPad pro features on your idevice it worked flawlessly I didn't think it would be that who knew. Well I'll give you a hand on that one you have done well thank you for the input you have made my life a lot easier!

ZA1166

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I made an account on here just to chime in and say thanks. This didn't fully solve my issue still, but it did somewhat help me learn/troubleshoot this problem. I am on 9.0.2 and updated the myATT app to check my monthly data, now I can't do that because the new update causes the app to start crashing.

But I had an iPad tweak to make my iPhone 6s look like iPad resolution (Upscale tweak) and after disabling that I was at least able to get a little further along the app but still crashes after trying to enter my login details....but at least it was progress.

ae6dx

May 19, 2009
Visit site
I've had a similar problem but apps crash randomly for me. It only seems to affect some apps, not all If I reboot or respring it works for a short time and then starts again. I don't have a lot of tweaks installed.