9.0 jailbreak a given?

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Being potentially time to make the switch to apple I want too and have too jailbreak. Is there any concern that a jailbreak for 9.0 won't and can't happen? Has the history of ios and jailbreak had a time when it was hard to achieve like some android phones being able to achieve root? I am contemplating buying a 6 plus now but am scared I'll have to have the 6s+ but fear no jailbreak. :)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not a given until it's jailbroken... It could be weeks to months after iOS9 goes public when a jailbreak is available.

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Given the long history of successful jailbreaking, I'd say that it?s more a question of when, not if, a new jailbreak would be available. Usually, a jailbreak is ready soon after a new version of iOS is released (even same day!), though sometimes it takes a little while.

I wouldn?t be too concerned at all that an unbreakable iOS version might spoil our fun.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
ive pretty much given up on jail breaking. the amount of space it uses is ridiculous. i run all cache and junk cleaners daily and i end up when i check n itunes. documents and data and the other section totals almost 3 gb. without jail break its barely 1.2gb.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It is most definitely not a given.
I'd say that we are getting closer to an unjailbroken iOS every update.
Ios9 is a big change in the way iOS does things.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
That scares me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once we download ios 9 it's impossible to go back to 8.? Right?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Relax. Jailbreaking has been around forever, and Apple has never, ever, stopped the phenomena for very long. Given the mechanics of jailbreaking, with so many talented hackers working to jailbreak a rapidly developing iOS platform, I just don?t buy the idea that there won?t be jailbreaking available for iOS 9.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
once we download ios 9 it's impossible to go back to 8.? Right?
There is a short time when a new iOS comes out that Apple still signs the last release of the previous version - maybe for a day or several... once Apple stops signing that last prior version when the new iOS comes out - there's no going back.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
One of the main reasons I would "JailBreak" is to get rid of the "shaded bottom" dock. I emailed Apple concerning the shaded dock and if there could be an option to to remove it. If you would like to voice your opinion here's the link ....
https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods