I have an iphone 4s running 7.1.2 if I go into dfu mode and restore as new phone, can I keep 7.1.2 ?

matt chrome

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have removed pangu jailbreak, and restored. I now want to jailbreak again, but when I try to use pangu, it reads that I am already jailbroken. I think I need to go into dfu mode, to remove all traces of pangu, before re jailbreaking. Will I be able to retain 7.1.2? I don`t want 8.4! Thanks.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have removed pangu jailbreak, and restored. I now want to jailbreak again, but when I try to use pangu, it reads that I am already jailbroken. I think I need to go into dfu mode, to remove all traces of pangu, before re jailbreaking. Will I be able to retain 7.1.2? I don`t want 8.4! Thanks.

How did you remove jailbreak? How did you restore?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I restored using itunes without updating, but the cydia icon remained. I realise that I can do the same, but can I restore without updating if I enter dfu mode?

I think there is some confusion here.
If you restored from a backup, you didn't really restore your phone they way you are thinking. You pretty much just synced it, from a past time.

Are you saying that you aren't jail ken anymore? Like you can see cydia, but it crashes when you open it?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
try restarting our phone with substrate disabled (hold volume button up while powering on your phone, not from respring, from a reboot). see if cydia works then

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods