Can't restore from 8.4 taig jb. Error 54 message -help please!

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just my luck, as I was approaching the fellow I was going to sell my 128gb 6+ to, he asks me to Reset my phone.

I don't think twice about it, I do it.. I wait until 30mins when it became awkward and he likely assumed my phone was a dud.

I've been putting my phone into DFU mode and trying to restore. I keep getting the error 54 message, I tried Googling some answers but I can't find any help. Has anyone had this problem? I really need to sell this phone haha HEEEELP!!!

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
8.4 Taig JB unrestorable? Error 54. Fml

First of all, sorry for double posting. 2nd of all, read on plz

Just my luck, as I was approaching the fellow I was going to sell my 128gb 6+ to, he asks me to Reset my phone.

I don't think twice about it, I do it.. I wait until 30mins when it became awkward and he likely assumed my phone was a dud.

I've been putting my phone into DFU mode and trying to restore. I keep getting the error 54 message, I tried Googling some answers but I can't find any help. Has anyone had this problem? I really need to sell this phone haha HEEEELP!!!

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: 8.4 Taig JB unrestorable? Error 54. Fml

Ok. If your phone was in DFU mode. Did iTunes display the following message: iTunes detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

You have to do this while being connected to a PC or Mac.

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Ok. If your phone was in DFU mode. Did iTunes display the following message: iTunes detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Yup, while it's on DFU iTunes gives me a prompt saying "The software on your iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings or updated"

Then it gives me 2 options, UPDATE or RESTORE PHONE. After I did this just now for the 3rd time, it keeps giving me the 54 error!

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
You selected restore correct?

Sure did. Sometimes when I hard reset the phone it acts like it's restoring becauses it has the thin bar under the logo but after a minute or so it dissapears. I feel like it's a tweak I installed.

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Sheesh guys. Can anyone help me? If I go to the Apple store I'm sure they'll have fun with telling me I'm Jailbroken and my warranty is void lol

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you on a windows computer? It seems like somewhere in the chain, there is s corrupted file. It could be in iTunes system files, or in registries associated with iTunes, or ipsw, or antivirus attacking iTunes system files when restoring iPhone to factory due to corrupted files within iTunes. Your only cure is to remove everything and start from scratch.

do the following:
1.) Uninstall every apple inc software installed into your machine: go to uninstall programs window in control panel, look for anything with apple inc and uninstall it.

2.) reboot your computer

3.) Install a windows registry clean such as win thruster, run it to safely clean up registry

4.) download a fresh copy of iTunes and install it

5.) download a fresh copy of iOS 8.4 ipsw and save it to you desktop

6.) disable your antivirus software

7.) put iPhone in DFU mode while connect to iTunes, after iTunes detect it, click alt+ click on restore button, then navigate to you desktop to find the ipsw file.

8.) wait until iTunes finish restoring iOS into your iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Alternatively, you can use another computer, windows or mac to factory reset your iPhone by putting it in DFU mode. Make either your computer or the other computer have the latest iTunes software installed and running before proceeding.

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so far everyone. I deleted everything Apple from my computer and reinstalled the newest itunes, just downloaded the driver for my phone and now I'm gonna give it another shot. Will post shortly!

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
WELL DAMN! I finished waiting for it to extract software and the whole 9 then it gives me an error "The iPhone cannot be updated. The device cannot be found".

Now what?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hum... No specific fix for that kind of error other than keep trying until it pass, or use another computer if you have that option.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The error is an old old error, from mac OS X computers. Usually it means the iTunes library is corrupt.

Try another computer and another sync cable.
And use the sub ports on the back of the computer (if it's a desktop)

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
The error is an old old error, from mac OS X computers. Usually it means the iTunes library is corrupt.

Try another computer and another sync cable.
And use the sub ports on the back of the computer (if it's a desktop)

It's a laptop and it's windows also. I'm gonna try another computer and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73