Can't restore from 8.4 taig jb. Error 54 message -help please!

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
So I took the advice that was given to me and used a friends computer, low and behold, IT UNBRICKED MY PHONE! Sort of.. Now I have no app icons..

I absolutely love Apple, it's the best.. Now can anyone say they've had this issue?
I Googled it and only a handful of people have had the issue and there were no solutions.

I NEED ALL BRAINIACS ON DECK, help! Please!

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Was the factory reset successful?
If it's working anyway and you can access the home screen, then it's good news.
My guess is since you were having load of errors and never did the restore via DFU, I would suggest you to factory reset it again, but this time, do it the normal way which is to connect the iPhone to iTunes and clic restore. Possibly let iTunes download an all new ipsw file if you have a faster internet connection.
Your iPhone hardware is not damage, so it's all about the software, thus the ipsw installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So I took the advice that was given to me and used a friends computer, low and behold, IT UNBRICKED MY PHONE! Sort of.. Now I have no app icons..

I absolutely love Apple, it's the best.. Now can anyone say they've had this issue?
I Googled it and only a handful of people have had the issue and there were no solutions.

I NEED ALL BRAINIACS ON DECK, help! Please!

You just need to start over more or less?
Put your phone into dfu, use friends computer to restore?

beansNJ

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't even want to write anymore on here lol..

I restored it again and this time it's slightly different. I have my wallpaper back but I'm prompted with a iCloud sign in which keeps going away in between the boot screen coming back up.

I guess I'll restore AGAIN. I downloaded the ipsw from a non apple site so if figured that was the issue so I let iTunes downloaded the official version which still hadn't fixed it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't even want to write anymore on here lol..

I restored it again and this time it's slightly different. I have my wallpaper back but I'm prompted with a iCloud sign in which keeps going away in between the boot screen coming back up.

I guess I'll restore AGAIN. I downloaded the ipsw from a non apple site so if figured that was the issue so I let iTunes downloaded the official version which still hadn't fixed it.

You still on the new computer or did you go back to the old one?
You near any mobile device service stores? Bring it in for help at this point! Most places won't charge for a silly software issue like this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR