Widgets show wrong time

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
iwidgets and groovylock widgets have a 7 hr time difference from what my actual time is and the time on my status bar. I uninstalled all tweaks and ran cleaner pro with no change. The weather portion of themes such as stripe is accurate. I'm running out of ideas. I tried going into ifile and correcting but can't find the line that controls the time zone. Al the minutes are correct just not hour. I have the latest untethered jaibreak update and running iOS 8.4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
That's the weird part. It's any widget tweak. Iwidget, groovylock, cydget. When I open command terminal and type "date" it gives me the incorrect date.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So your system clock like the one in the status bar is correct, but terminal app shows you an incorrect time?

When using html themes, (cydget, groovylock,etc?) you often times need to edit a few of the files to your liking.
Often times the files you need to edit have a tutorial right in the file itself.

For example you might need to change the temp code from "c" to "f" depending On wether or not You use Celsius or Fahrenheit. Or "12" to "24" depending on if you want to use a 12 hour clock (am/pm) or a 24 he clock...
These files are almost always located in the folder of the theme you are using which is usually a sub folder of the tweak you are using to apply the theme...
(var/mobile/documents/lockhtml/theme)...
You can use ifile or filza in device to change the settings you need to change.

Also, some of these themes need an app called mylocation. Which I don't think is on the default repos anymore...

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
It's not certain widgets or groovy lock themes it's all of them. I"ve been searching around & many others are having the same problem. Idk if it's a glitch in the new jailbreak or what. Even my location is correct on the widgets but not my time. I get what you're saying but since is every single one I try, it has to be something bigger than making manual changes. It's so frustrating 😩😢

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What ones are you trying? I have both groovy lock and lockhtml, I can install and see if I can see something.

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks I would really appreciate it. Like I said I've tried numerous ones but my current groovylock theme is shibui & the iwidget I'm trying to use is Flexy. Once again I appreciate the help 😃 . iOS 8.4

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I would really appreciate it. Like I said I've tried numerous ones but my current groovylock theme is shibui & the iwidget I'm trying to use is Flexy. Once again I appreciate the help 😃 . iOS 8.4

When you open terminal, and you type "date"? you get the wrong time?
Like what date do you get?

Also have you tried turning off automatically set date and time, and just doing it manually?
I have no issue with the either theme?
But my terminal shows correct date

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. It seems I found a fix so I'll state what I did for anyone that wants to use this post as a reference for the future.

I went into Ifile ... Var/ db/ localtime ... I erased the entire local time page.. Even though the information seemed to be correct. I then reinstalled my widget & resprung. After that I had to go into settings & manually fix the time again. Then I was good to go. Hope this helps

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. It seems I found a fix so I'll state what I did for anyone that wants to use this post as a reference for the future.

I went into Ifile ... Var/ db/ localtime ... I erased the entire local time page.. Even though the information seemed to be correct. I then reinstalled my widget & resprung. After that I had to go into settings & manually fix the time again. Then I was good to go. Hope this helps

Nice.
In settings did you allow it to set time automatically? Or did you do it manually?

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I did it manually.. If I set it to automatic both widget & status bar time mess up ... Guess my next step is finding a fix for that. At least all my times are correct manually for now

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I all but gave up on this. Exciting to see movement on this issue. I have not used iwidget or groovylock since this post in hopes of an update or fix. Very strange issue

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Well Dustin if you do what I did above its guaranteed to work. You'll just have to keep the time on manual. I'll keep you updated on any further progress though. Good luck !

bmccormack11

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

I had the same issue where any clock widget had the wrong time. Followed your steps and it works. The only problem now is if I go back to automatic time then my iphone time is wrong. Do you know of any way to get that back?

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Not yet, I'm having the same problem unfortunately.. I was so happy to have my phone looking normal again I didn't care. But now even my Instagram & Facebook times are off. Not that important but it's the principle. Damn thing can't seem to get right. I'll keep looking for a fix & will keep you all updated. Really trying to avoid a restore but like I said I'll keep everyone updated

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro