Are Chinese jailbreakers smarter than American jailbreakers?

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well there is one thing that is not being discussed and that is are Chinese jailbreakers smarter than American ones? The last two jailbreaks have been released by Chinese groups and they have been released fairly quickly after an iOS update release comes out. They don't make excuses like having to wait for the next release of iOS to use an exploit like American jailbreakers do. They just find a new exploit when an update comes out. I think for the foreseeable future we may see future jailbreaks continue to come from the Chinese because quite frankly, they are better at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are exceptional bright people in all races. In this regard, however, is it possible that some people have more time to devote to discovering exploits than others? I'd say yes, but it's just my opinion. Anyway, does it really matter which team produces jailbreaks first as long as the jailbreaking community can enjoy it?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
From the videos MIT puts out, I've noticed a there are a lot of really smart Asian engineers in them. I think Asians are naturally talented with math and engineering.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
From the videos MIT puts out, I've noticed a there are a lot of really smart Asian engineers in them. I think Asians are naturally talented with math and engineering.

Maybe. Maybe they're just more disciplined. This photo comparison was originally intended to be funny. A joke. The line with it said, "Why the Chinese are better at math.". I believe there's some truth to it. I don't think they're smarter at all. Just more disciplined.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417626255.565935.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe. Maybe they're just more disciplined. This photo comparison was originally intended to be funny. A joke. The line with it said, "Why the Chinese are better at math.". I believe there's some truth to it. I don't think they're smarter at all. Just more disciplined.
View attachment 72786

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I definitely agree Asians are more disinclined.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's the intelligence that's in question. I think it's simply the way they are trained and how their school system is. Here, you can get free classes up to 12th grade. Over in countries like Japan, you could end up paying for high school... Even middle school if you're choosing something prestigious.

In countries like China, you're given limited school unless you are willing to work very hard to excel. With that being said, the motive to succeed and achieve is ingrained in by a very young age. That's when it's the most crucial after all.

Edit: This culture follows them when they move to the United States simply because the generations before them had that culture. Nurture is just as great as nature.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well there is one thing that is not being discussed and that is are Chinese jailbreakers smarter than American ones? The last two jailbreaks have been released by Chinese groups and they have been released fairly quickly after an iOS update release comes out. They don't make excuses like having to wait for the next release of iOS to use an exploit like American jailbreakers do. They just find a new exploit when an update comes out. I think for the foreseeable future we may see future jailbreaks continue to come from the Chinese because quite frankly, they are better at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure you understand the question you're asking. Let's take a quick look at it.

"are Chinese jailbreakers smarter than American ones?"
"They don't make excuses like having to wait for the next release of iOS to use an exploit like American jailbreakers do."

There's a phrase I'm sure you've heard: "Work smarter, not harder." It's interesting that you suggest doing the opposite of this is the more intelligent avenue to take. You're also ignoring something rather basic. There are a lot more Chinese than there are Americans. Let's examine what that means, assuming every member of each group has equal intelligence. All members having equal intelligence means we are able to assume that given the same amount of time, each member is equally likely to find the solution. China has 1.368 billion people. The US has 316 million. Which should be more likely to find a result given those parameters? Once you realize that China should find the exploits more than 4 times as often as the US if everyone is equally intelligent, you SHOULD realize it's asinine to claim that they are clearly "better" or "smarter" as a result of something that holds true if they are equal.

Nobody is talking about it because anyone with high school level logic understanding realizes this isn't a worthwhile thing to claim. I'm sorry this was over your head =(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods