I have an IPod Touch 5g running IOS 7.1.2 and has the pangu jailbreak. I want to sell it with the jailbreak but i still want 7.1.2. I dont want IOS 8. How do I do it?
    10-12-2014 04:44 PM
    If you want to sell it with the jaikbreak then why would you want to remove it?
    10-12-2014 04:57 PM
    I think the op just wants their personal data off the iPod. The easiest way I know is to sign out of all services and desync all info in iTunes or sync to a blank iTunes library.
    10-12-2014 05:22 PM
    I have an IPod Touch 5g running IOS 7.1.2 and has the pangu jailbreak. I want to sell it with the jailbreak but i still want 7.1.2. I dont want IOS 8. How do I do it?
    You cannot do that, jailbreak permanently alters your iOS. Only way to "unjailbreak" is to restore to latest signed version by apple.
    10-24-2014 07:31 PM
    There used to be a app called "something Rat" It would completely wipe your phone but keep the jailbreak. I used it several times and it was awesome
    10-24-2014 10:59 PM
    It's called iLex-RAT.
    10-24-2014 11:21 PM
    There used to be a app called "something Rat" It would completely wipe your phone but keep the jailbreak. I used it several times and it was awesome
    I assumed OP meant they no longer wanted JB
    10-27-2014 07:48 PM
    i jailbroke my device about 6 months ago and have scowered the blogasphere to figure out how to restore my device to its pre jailbreak condition and functionality and haven't been able to find any assistance at all. I started posting requests over a month ago and have made at least 15 requests at as many different forums and haven't received a single response.

I successfully jailbroke my divice, then accidently deleted cydia. This is a company owned divice, and has to be turned back in for mandantory security app upgrades and installations. I have been stalling to try to find a way to restore it. if they find i have jailbroken it it could mena my job. I have tried connecting it to itunes and doing the DFU restore, and all simular methods, going through device menue to restore to factory defaults, reinstalling the pangu jailbreak then restoreing. none of it works. the device is still fully functional as of its state at the time of jailbreak, but no apps can be installed or upgraded, and the ios over air upgrade cant be done. can someone please instruct some method that might work. Im desperate and running out of time.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have an ipad air A1475
    ios 7.1
    jailbreak pangu 7.1

How do I un-jailbreak Pangu without updating to iOS 8?-untitled.jpg
    08-20-2015 09:22 PM
    i jailbroke my device about 6 months ago and have scowered the blogasphere to figure out how to restore my device to its pre jailbreak condition and functionality and haven't been able to find any assistance at all. I started posting requests over a month ago and have made at least 15 requests at as many different forums and haven't received a single response.

I successfully jailbroke my divice, then accidently deleted cydia. This is a company owned divice, and has to be turned back in for mandantory security app upgrades and installations. I have been stalling to try to find a way to restore it. if they find i have jailbroken it it could mena my job. I have tried connecting it to itunes and doing the DFU restore, and all simular methods, going through device menue to restore to factory defaults, reinstalling the pangu jailbreak then restoreing. none of it works. the device is still fully functional as of its state at the time of jailbreak, but no apps can be installed or upgraded, and the ios over air upgrade cant be done. can someone please instruct some method that might work. Im desperate and running out of time.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have an ipad air A1475
    ios 7.1
    jailbreak pangu 7.1How do I un-jailbreak Pangu without updating to iOS 8?-untitled.jpg
    08-20-2015 09:23 PM

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have an ipad air A1475
    ios 7.1
    jailbreak pangu 7.1How do I un-jailbreak Pangu without updating to iOS 8?-untitled.jpg
    08-20-2015 09:25 PM
    You can't.

You aren't allowed to update it?
    Pick your poison I guess.
    Go in with a "semi- jailbroken" device on ios7
    Or go in with a clean 8.4.1 iPad
    08-21-2015 12:12 AM
    Yup your screwed man.
    08-21-2015 01:37 AM
    You can't.

You aren't allowed to update it?
    Pick your poison I guess.
    Go in with a "semi- jailbroken" device on ios7
    Or go in with a clean 8.4.1 iPad
    Id be happy to have a clean 8.4.1 but I can't find a way to update it. Is there nothing I can do? It's unfixable? I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere, true, but I also haven't read about anyone else in a similar situation. Is this an unheard of problem? Surely there something I can do
    08-21-2015 09:03 AM
    Id be happy to have a clean 8.4.1 but I can't find a way to update it. Is there nothing I can do? It's unfixable? I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere, true, but I also haven't read about anyone else in a similar situation. Is this an unheard of problem? Surely there something I can do
    You can restore to 8.4.1 super easy.

Start by turning off passcode, then turn off find my iPad.
    Backup your iPad in iTunes.
    Then put your iPad in DFU mode.

iTunes will detect iPad in recovery mode and will restore and update it to 8.4.1

It is that simple.

You have said that you have DFU restored and then jailbroken again which is the only part that confuses me.
    If you truly did restore out of DFU mode then it would not have been jailbroken. Which I am assuming is the final goal. However you said you restored then jailbroke again, which isn't possible with pangu
    If you were in DFU mode, and iTunes recovered your device you would have ended up on ios8. Which pangu would not have jailbroken.
    So I'm going to assume that you were not in DFU mode and did not recover your iPad.

With your iPad plugged in to your computer, power it off.
    (Hold power button for 3-5 seconds, then slide to power off)

When phone is finally off, do EXACTLY this

Hold power on phone for THREE seconds, (apple logo will appear) CONTINUE TO HOLD POWER BUTTON but also now hold the home button for TEN seconds, (Apple logo will disappear but screen will still be backlit) LET GO OF POWER BUTTON ONLY, CONTINUE TO HOLD HOME BUTTON, until iTunes detects iPad in recovery mode. Only then should you let got of the home button.

There will not be any options in the itunes window.
    Just click ok and let iTunes do its thing. Your device will come out on a clean 8.4.1 install.
    Last edited by 3cit; 08-21-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    08-21-2015 10:15 AM
    i have done just that, you misunderstand, i didnt rejailbreak after DFU restore, the process doesnt work and automaticaly aborts and returns my ipad air to the previous jailbroken 7.1 state.

Thats what ive been saying, the advice is all the same, dfu restore, but what are my options when that isnt taking? is there no other way to restore the ipad to a functional ios, any version? has noone else ever experienced this?
    08-21-2015 10:47 AM
    i get an error, "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3004). when i attempt a DFU update
    08-21-2015 11:20 AM
    i get an error, "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3004). when i attempt a DFU update
    So, it's possible (probable) that you are having a "hosts" issue.
    iTunes isn't able to verify the restore with apple because it cannot reach the update server.

Try this process on a "clean" computer that hasn't had anybody messing with host files, or tiny umbrella or jail breaking really.

Unless you are knowledgable enough to attempt and fix the hosts file yourself
    You Doing this from a mac or a pc?
    08-21-2015 03:02 PM
    a pc, I havent messed with anything like that on this pc, but ill try it from another and let you know.
    08-21-2015 03:05 PM
    tried 2 other pc and same result, one had an error # of 9006
    08-21-2015 05:21 PM
    Unless you are knowledgeable enough to attempt and fix the hosts file yourself�
    You Doing this from a mac or a pc?
    i have had some novice experience with repairing "hosts" issues on other cpus under guidance from other blogs. if you could instruct me on how to do that i'd be grateful.
    08-21-2015 06:31 PM
    9006 is possibly a USB issue, or a security certificate issue..

It's crazy that you are having so many problems with this

What kind of sync cable are you using?
    Is it apple? Or third party, and what kind of error did the other of give?
    Are you anywhere near an Apple Store?
    08-21-2015 06:57 PM
    its a brand new apple cable i traded in at the apple store last week for a damaged one i had. i have several cables, i guess i could try it again useing them, but yeah, that seems unlikely. i find it hard to believe that the problem doesnt lie in the damaged ios from the jailbreak. is that not possible?
    08-21-2015 07:21 PM
    DFU mode cuts out a lot of BS
    I have seen drives that can not be restored anymore
    But I've only seen it once in the last three years.
    I'd say give it a go again on the computer that have you the 9000 error, just use a different USB port this time.
    08-22-2015 01:20 AM
    Wahoo!!!!! You're not gonna believe this. I used an old record that was frayed to the point of almost breaking, add to that it was a third-party manufacture. And it finally worked. I've done that same process 30 times, to think that that was the fix. Unbelievable. Thank you so much for your help.
    08-22-2015 02:45 AM
    Wahoo!!!!! You're not gonna believe this. I used an old record that was frayed to the point of almost breaking, add to that it was a third-party manufacture. And it finally worked. I've done that same process 30 times, to think that that was the fix. Unbelievable. Thank you so much for your help.
    Glad it worked out!

And opinion time
    Seems like the stress you had to go through the last few days might have made having the jailbreak not worth it!
    08-22-2015 11:48 AM
45 12