How do I un-jailbreak Pangu without updating to iOS 8?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: how to unjailbreak pangu without updating to ios 8

9006 is possibly a USB issue, or a security certificate issue..

It's crazy that you are having so many problems with this?

What kind of sync cable are you using?
Is it apple? Or third party, and what kind of error did the other of give?
Are you anywhere near an Apple Store?

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

its a brand new apple cable i traded in at the apple store last week for a damaged one i had. i have several cables, i guess i could try it again useing them, but yeah, that seems unlikely. i find it hard to believe that the problem doesnt lie in the damaged ios from the jailbreak. is that not possible?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

DFU mode cuts out a lot of BS?
I have seen drives that can not be restored anymore?
But I've only seen it once in the last three years.
I'd say give it a go again on the computer that have you the 9000 error, just use a different USB port this time.

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Wahoo!!!!! You're not gonna believe this. I used an old record that was frayed to the point of almost breaking, add to that it was a third-party manufacture. And it finally worked. I've done that same process 30 times, to think that that was the fix. Unbelievable. Thank you so much for your help.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Wahoo!!!!! You're not gonna believe this. I used an old record that was frayed to the point of almost breaking, add to that it was a third-party manufacture. And it finally worked. I've done that same process 30 times, to think that that was the fix. Unbelievable. Thank you so much for your help.

Glad it worked out!

And opinion time?
Seems like the stress you had to go through the last few days might have made having the jailbreak not worth it!

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
yeah, pretty frustrating, but im getting a new ipad of my own and i do want to jaillbreak again if i have a reasonable expectation that it will work. is there a jailbreak for the current OS? I viserally hate apple for the way they restrict and limit their tech. I want to customize and use my tech in any and every way possible. Although i am a novice, i am prettr savy and enjoy exploreing, it discusts me that manufacturers limit my ability to do that.

given that..........what is your advice for my new device?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah, pretty frustrating, but im getting a new ipad of my own and i do want to jaillbreak again if i have a reasonable expectation that it will work. is there a jailbreak for the current OS? I viserally hate apple for the way they restrict and limit their tech. I want to customize and use my tech in any and every way possible. Although i am a novice, i am prettr savy and enjoy exploreing, it discusts me that manufacturers limit my ability to do that.

given that..........what is your advice for my new device?

iOS devices are great especially if you have an apple ecosystem already?
iPhones, iCloud, iTunes,App Store purchases?
But they latest iOS (8.4.1) is not publicly jailbroken and will not be. If you get a device soon, (real soon) you can still get it to 8.4 which is publicly jailbroken.
The issues you went through recently are not indicative of the jailbreak / unjailbreal process?

About 5 days ago, I updated 3 iOS devices from 8.3 to 8.4 in about three hours. It's normally that smooth.

I have not ever had a personal iOS device that wasnt jailbroken. I dislike the stock iOS, I need some customization.
Add emulators on top of that and I would jump to android in a heartbeat if iOS stopped being jail breakable.

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I got the "new" Device from work as a spare. It's another iPad air and it already has 8.4.1. Is it possible to install 8.4 downgrade so I can jailbreak it?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

As of 2 hours ago, 8.4 is no longer being signed. You can't downgrade to it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

As of 2 hours ago, 8.4 is no longer being signed. You can't downgrade to it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true.
I just saw that it had stopped being signed at around 6pm California time, sorry for the misinformation?
8.4.1 has been broken by the pangu team, but I'm 99% sure that it will never be made public

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

This is true.
I just saw that it had stopped being signed at around 6pm California time, sorry for the misinformation?
8.4.1 has been broken by the pangu team, but I'm 99% sure that it will never be made public

Yes I agree. They will try and save those exploits. Most people who really wanted to be JB is already on 8.4 JB. An 8.4.1 JB is pretty much pointless at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
"8.4.1 has been broken by the pangu team, but I'm 99% sure that it will never be made public"

so there is absolutly no way for me to do anything to my ipad air to jailbreak it?
You said Pengu has a jailbreak for it but it's not public. Is there anyway to get it from them? If a jailbreak is impossible for me please tell me so, otherwise I am going to waste A lot time trying to figure out how. Is there anything I can do to jailbreak this iPad is there no way for me to downgrade to earlier iOS they can be jailbroken? I just need to know if it's absolutely hopeless.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
"8.4.1 has been broken by the pangu team, but I'm 99% sure that it will never be made public"

so there is absolutly no way for me to do anything to my ipad air to jailbreak it?
You said Pengu has a jailbreak for it but it's not public. Is there anyway to get it from them? If a jailbreak is impossible for me please tell me so, otherwise I am going to waste A lot time trying to figure out how. Is there anything I can do to jailbreak this iPad is there no way for me to downgrade to earlier iOS they can be jailbroken? I just need to know if it's absolutely hopeless.

If your on 8.4.1, it's absolutely hopeless unless somebody releases a JB. At this time, Pangu us not giving the JB to anybody.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah if you are on 8.4.1 you will not be able to jailbreak it.
I say that definitively and with conviction. You can not and will not be able to jailbreak 8.4.1

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

OK, I except that. Thank you. But you know, f$&@uck Apple. They've developed the best technology on the market, kudos for that. Major props. But I bought it, it's mine now. Let me use it however the f$&@ I want to. You know? I mean if they need to charge four times as much for the device to get sufficient ROI from and open source device, then do that. Or perhaps provide the option, you can pay $400 for the device with our limitations, or you can pay $4000 for the device and it is truly yours to do with whatever you want. But at least provide the option. I recognize this for the meaningless rant that it is, and completely understand if you want to remove it. But I just needed to vent and my wife is tired of hearing about my loathing of Apple. 😈

Fr0sty4G

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Semi-Restore would be the best option because iLexRat leaves its icon. If you were on iOS 8, Cydia Impactor would work.

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Um, what does all that mean, what is "semi restore", and how do i do it, and how will it help me? What is "Cydia impactor"and does it have any bearing on my situation at all being that I am not on iOS 8, I am on iOS 8.4.1

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro