How do I un-jailbreak Pangu without updating to iOS 8?

Shaar Haq

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
how to unjailbreak pangu without updating to ios 8

I have an IPod Touch 5g running IOS 7.1.2 and has the pangu jailbreak. I want to sell it with the jailbreak but i still want 7.1.2. I dont want IOS 8. How do I do it?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: how to unjailbreak pangu without updating to ios 8

If you want to sell it with the jaikbreak then why would you want to remove it?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I think the op just wants their personal data off the iPod. The easiest way I know is to sign out of all services and desync all info in iTunes or sync to a blank iTunes library.

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I have an IPod Touch 5g running IOS 7.1.2 and has the pangu jailbreak. I want to sell it with the jailbreak but i still want 7.1.2. I dont want IOS 8. How do I do it?

You cannot do that, jailbreak permanently alters your iOS. Only way to "unjailbreak" is to restore to latest signed version by apple.

bakerman1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

There used to be a app called "something Rat" It would completely wipe your phone but keep the jailbreak. I used it several times and it was awesome :)

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

There used to be a app called "something Rat" It would completely wipe your phone but keep the jailbreak. I used it several times and it was awesome :)

I assumed OP meant they no longer wanted JB

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

i jailbroke my device about 6 months ago and have scowered the blogasphere to figure out how to restore my device to its pre jailbreak condition and functionality and haven't been able to find any assistance at all. I started posting requests over a month ago and have made at least 15 requests at as many different forums and haven't received a single response.

I successfully jailbroke my divice, then accidently deleted cydia. This is a company owned divice, and has to be turned back in for mandantory security app upgrades and installations. I have been stalling to try to find a way to restore it. if they find i have jailbroken it it could mena my job. I have tried connecting it to itunes and doing the DFU restore, and all simular methods, going through device menue to restore to factory defaults, reinstalling the pangu jailbreak then restoreing. none of it works. the device is still fully functional as of its state at the time of jailbreak, but no apps can be installed or upgraded, and the ios over air upgrade cant be done. can someone please instruct some method that might work. Im desperate and running out of time.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have an ipad air A1475
ios 7.1
jailbreak pangu 7.1

Untitled.jpg

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
i jailbroke my device about 6 months ago and have scowered the blogasphere to figure out how to restore my device to its pre jailbreak condition and functionality and haven't been able to find any assistance at all. I started posting requests over a month ago and have made at least 15 requests at as many different forums and haven't received a single response.

I successfully jailbroke my divice, then accidently deleted cydia. This is a company owned divice, and has to be turned back in for mandantory security app upgrades and installations. I have been stalling to try to find a way to restore it. if they find i have jailbroken it it could mena my job. I have tried connecting it to itunes and doing the DFU restore, and all simular methods, going through device menue to restore to factory defaults, reinstalling the pangu jailbreak then restoreing. none of it works. the device is still fully functional as of its state at the time of jailbreak, but no apps can be installed or upgraded, and the ios over air upgrade cant be done. can someone please instruct some method that might work. Im desperate and running out of time.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have an ipad air A1475
ios 7.1
jailbreak pangu 7.1Untitled.jpg

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have an ipad air A1475
ios 7.1
jailbreak pangu 7.1Untitled.jpg

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

You can't.

You aren't allowed to update it?
Pick your poison I guess.
Go in with a "semi- jailbroken" device on ios7?
Or go in with a clean 8.4.1 iPad

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

You can't.

You aren't allowed to update it?
Pick your poison I guess.
Go in with a "semi- jailbroken" device on ios7?
Or go in with a clean 8.4.1 iPad

Id be happy to have a clean 8.4.1 but I can't find a way to update it. Is there nothing I can do? It's unfixable? I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere, true, but I also haven't read about anyone else in a similar situation. Is this an unheard of problem? Surely there something I can do??

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Id be happy to have a clean 8.4.1 but I can't find a way to update it. Is there nothing I can do? It's unfixable? I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere, true, but I also haven't read about anyone else in a similar situation. Is this an unheard of problem? Surely there something I can do??

You can restore to 8.4.1 super easy.

Start by turning off passcode, then turn off find my iPad.
Backup your iPad in iTunes.
Then put your iPad in DFU mode.

iTunes will detect iPad in recovery mode and will restore and update it to 8.4.1

It is that simple.

You have said that you have DFU restored and then jailbroken again which is the only part that confuses me.
If you truly did restore out of DFU mode then it would not have been jailbroken. Which I am assuming is the final goal. However you said you restored then jailbroke again, which isn't possible with pangu?
If you were in DFU mode, and iTunes recovered your device you would have ended up on ios8. Which pangu would not have jailbroken.
So I'm going to assume that you were not in DFU mode and did not recover your iPad.

With your iPad plugged in to your computer, power it off.
(Hold power button for 3-5 seconds, then slide to power off)

When phone is finally off, do EXACTLY this

Hold power on phone for THREE seconds, (apple logo will appear) CONTINUE TO HOLD POWER BUTTON but also now hold the home button for TEN seconds, (Apple logo will disappear but screen will still be backlit) LET GO OF POWER BUTTON ONLY, CONTINUE TO HOLD HOME BUTTON, until iTunes detects iPad in recovery mode. Only then should you let got of the home button.

There will not be any options in the itunes window.
Just click ok and let iTunes do its thing. Your device will come out on a clean 8.4.1 install.

Last edited:

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
i have done just that, you misunderstand, i didnt rejailbreak after DFU restore, the process doesnt work and automaticaly aborts and returns my ipad air to the previous jailbroken 7.1 state.

Thats what ive been saying, the advice is all the same, dfu restore, but what are my options when that isnt taking? is there no other way to restore the ipad to a functional ios, any version? has noone else ever experienced this?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i get an error, "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3004). when i attempt a DFU update

So, it's possible (probable) that you are having a "hosts" issue.
iTunes isn't able to verify the restore with apple because it cannot reach the update server.

Try this process on a "clean" computer that hasn't had anybody messing with host files, or tiny umbrella or jail breaking really.

Unless you are knowledgable enough to attempt and fix the hosts file yourself?
You Doing this from a mac or a pc?

Jday8480

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Unless you are knowledgeable enough to attempt and fix the hosts file yourself�
You Doing this from a mac or a pc?

i have had some novice experience with repairing "hosts" issues on other cpus under guidance from other blogs. if you could instruct me on how to do that i'd be grateful.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro