yeah, pretty frustrating, but im getting a new ipad of my own and i do want to jaillbreak again if i have a reasonable expectation that it will work. is there a jailbreak for the current OS? I viserally hate apple for the way they restrict and limit their tech. I want to customize and use my tech in any and every way possible. Although i am a novice, i am prettr savy and enjoy exploreing, it discusts me that manufacturers limit my ability to do that.

given that..........what is your advice for my new device?
    08-22-2015 12:36 PM
    yeah, pretty frustrating, but im getting a new ipad of my own and i do want to jaillbreak again if i have a reasonable expectation that it will work. is there a jailbreak for the current OS? I viserally hate apple for the way they restrict and limit their tech. I want to customize and use my tech in any and every way possible. Although i am a novice, i am prettr savy and enjoy exploreing, it discusts me that manufacturers limit my ability to do that.

given that..........what is your advice for my new device?
    iOS devices are great especially if you have an apple ecosystem already
    iPhones, iCloud, iTunes,App Store purchases
    But they latest iOS (8.4.1) is not publicly jailbroken and will not be. If you get a device soon, (real soon) you can still get it to 8.4 which is publicly jailbroken.
    The issues you went through recently are not indicative of the jailbreak / unjailbreal process

About 5 days ago, I updated 3 iOS devices from 8.3 to 8.4 in about three hours. It's normally that smooth.

I have not ever had a personal iOS device that wasnt jailbroken. I dislike the stock iOS, I need some customization.
    Add emulators on top of that and I would jump to android in a heartbeat if iOS stopped being jail breakable.
    08-22-2015 03:04 PM
    Well I got the "new" Device from work as a spare. It's another iPad air and it already has 8.4.1. Is it possible to install 8.4 downgrade so I can jailbreak it?
    08-22-2015 05:54 PM
    08-22-2015 10:33 PM
    As of 2 hours ago, 8.4 is no longer being signed. You can't downgrade to it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 10:40 PM
    so there is no way i can ever jailbreak this divice?
    08-22-2015 11:15 PM
    so there is no way i can ever jailbreak this divice?
    No not unless your on iOS 8.4 or if a JB comes to a later firmware.

08-22-2015 11:39 PM
    As of 2 hours ago, 8.4 is no longer being signed. You can't downgrade to it anymore.

This is true.
    I just saw that it had stopped being signed at around 6pm California time, sorry for the misinformation
    8.4.1 has been broken by the pangu team, but I'm 99% sure that it will never be made public
    08-23-2015 02:30 AM
    This is true.
    I just saw that it had stopped being signed at around 6pm California time, sorry for the misinformation
    8.4.1 has been broken by the pangu team, but I'm 99% sure that it will never be made public
    Yes I agree. They will try and save those exploits. Most people who really wanted to be JB is already on 8.4 JB. An 8.4.1 JB is pretty much pointless at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 12:52 PM
    "8.4.1 has been broken by the pangu team, but I'm 99% sure that it will never be made public"

so there is absolutly no way for me to do anything to my ipad air to jailbreak it?
    You said Pengu has a jailbreak for it but it's not public. Is there anyway to get it from them? If a jailbreak is impossible for me please tell me so, otherwise I am going to waste A lot time trying to figure out how. Is there anything I can do to jailbreak this iPad is there no way for me to downgrade to earlier iOS they can be jailbroken? I just need to know if it's absolutely hopeless.
    08-23-2015 04:22 PM
    "8.4.1 has been broken by the pangu team, but I'm 99% sure that it will never be made public"

so there is absolutly no way for me to do anything to my ipad air to jailbreak it?
    You said Pengu has a jailbreak for it but it's not public. Is there anyway to get it from them? If a jailbreak is impossible for me please tell me so, otherwise I am going to waste A lot time trying to figure out how. Is there anything I can do to jailbreak this iPad is there no way for me to downgrade to earlier iOS they can be jailbroken? I just need to know if it's absolutely hopeless.
    If your on 8.4.1, it's absolutely hopeless unless somebody releases a JB. At this time, Pangu us not giving the JB to anybody.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 04:31 PM
    Yeah if you are on 8.4.1 you will not be able to jailbreak it.
    I say that definitively and with conviction. You can not and will not be able to jailbreak 8.4.1
    08-23-2015 08:00 PM
    OK, I except that. Thank you. But you know, f$&@uck Apple. They've developed the best technology on the market, kudos for that. Major props. But I bought it, it's mine now. Let me use it however the f$&@ I want to. You know? I mean if they need to charge four times as much for the device to get sufficient ROI from and open source device, then do that. Or perhaps provide the option, you can pay $400 for the device with our limitations, or you can pay $4000 for the device and it is truly yours to do with whatever you want. But at least provide the option. I recognize this for the meaningless rant that it is, and completely understand if you want to remove it. But I just needed to vent and my wife is tired of hearing about my loathing of Apple. 😈
    08-23-2015 09:40 PM
    Semi-Restore would be the best option because iLexRat leaves its icon. If you were on iOS 8, Cydia Impactor would work.
    08-25-2015 11:39 AM
    Um, what does all that mean, what is "semi restore", and how do i do it, and how will it help me? What is "Cydia impactor"and does it have any bearing on my situation at all being that I am not on iOS 8, I am on iOS 8.4.1
    08-25-2015 12:08 PM
    Okay so here's my dilemma. I have an iPhone 5c jail broken on 7.1.2. I would like to update it to 8.4 but keep getting the 3194 Error. I have tried multiple host re-configs with no luck. Tried TinyUmbrella with no luck. The first jailbreak was on the 7.1.2 and I just wanted to update it to the 8.4. My only concern is that maybe its because I am trying to do everything via my other iPhone hot spot because I work offshore and anything apple is pretty much blocked on our vessel. Any suggestions?
    08-25-2015 03:07 PM
    Semi-Restore would be the best option because iLexRat leaves its icon. If you were on iOS 8, Cydia Impactor would work.

Um, what does all that mean, what is "semi restore", and how do i do it, and how will it help me? What is "Cydia impactor"and does it have any bearing on my situation at all being that I am not on iOS 8, I am on iOS 8.4.1
    08-25-2015 03:10 PM
    Okay so here's my dilemma. I have an iPhone 5c jail broken on 7.1.2. I would like to update it to 8.4 but keep getting the 3194 Error. I have tried multiple host re-configs with no luck. Tried TinyUmbrella with no luck. The first jailbreak was on the 7.1.2 and I just wanted to update it to the 8.4. My only concern is that maybe its because I am trying to do everything via my other iPhone hot spot because I work offshore and anything apple is pretty much blocked on our vessel. Any suggestions?
    8.4 is not being signed anymore, so that is your problem, to which, unfortunately, there is no solution.
    08-27-2015 03:28 AM
    You are not jailbroken, nor are you able, so there is no help to be found here
    08-27-2015 03:29 AM
    Saurik Released Cydia Impactor for uninstall jailbreak. Follow this software to remove jailbreak.
    09-02-2015 10:50 AM
45 12