trying to jailbreak iPhone 5s with pangu Help!

Scott Frederiksen

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
So I just got my iPhone 5s and want to jailbreak it before I activate it over my rooted android. I use my phone data as my internet at home, and know jailbreaking is the only way to do this without a monthly payment.
So my iOS is 7.1.2,
I get pangu 1.1 on my Mac, everything is going well until it reboots the first time and I didn't know it couldn't have a passcode... So it hung up after that and pangu crashed after not getting a response from the device. I had backed up my phone beforehand and reverted to this just in case, removed the passcode and the same thing happened...
So I noticed pangu has a newer version on windows, booted up my windows partition when to use it but it claims my phone is already jailbroken... Only fix I can find for either issue is erasing all content and data and starting fresh.. But I started this, heard it could take an hour so I went to sleep... Woke up and it still has the spinning ring on the screen.. So fresh wipe isn't an option.. Apple stopped signing 7.1.2 so dfu mode restore is out of the question..
Any tips? Or can someone send me in the right direction at least? I hear that issue with erasing data happens if you're jailbrojen.. So could it have jailbroken part way? It doesn't remove the pangu app,revert the date or add cydia... I'm getting really frustrated...
Thanks...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Once it's jail broken, it can't really have the data wiped from where you're trying wipe it from. You'll have that spinning circle for decades.

My old 5S had a pass code and I was able to jaikbreak just fine when Pangu asked to unlock. I don't know why it would hang on that. It sounds like your phone jail broke halfway to the point where Pangu detects it as jailbroken. I don't know what else to tell you other than maybe trying to remotely wipe from find my iPhone which may just brick your phone anyway and require you to restore.

Also, when you connect the phone back to Pangu on the Mac, have you tried tapping the Pangu icon on the phone just to see what happens?

Hopefully someone with more experience will have a solution here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711