How to go return to stock original DFU backup without installing iOS 8

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to return to stock original DFU backup without installing iOS 8?

I tried to go back tonight with my Pangu Jailbreak with my iPhone 5 but damn iTunes wanted to download and install iOS 8. I stopped that, but I really need to go back to stock as my device is not stable with Pangu.

BTW. I have my stock DFU recovery on another PC. It's the only "clean" backup I have. I have other back ups on my other PC though. Any ideas how I can restore and get rid of any damage that jailbreaking may have done without upgrading to iOS 8?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to return to stock original DFU backup without installing iOS 8?

I tried to go back tonight with my Pangu Jailbreak with my iPhone 5 but damn iTunes wanted to download and install iOS 8. I stopped that, but I really need to go back to stock as my device is not stable with Pangu.

BTW. I have my stock DFU recovery on another PC. It's the only "clean" backup I have. I have other back ups on my other PC though. Any ideas how I can restore and get rid of any damage that jailbreaking may have done without upgrading to iOS 8?

I don?t know for sure, but I?d guess that Apple has stopped signing iOS versions prior to iOS 8. It may not be possible.

AFAIK, if you do DFU, you will have to install a new copy of iOS from Apple - which probably means iOS 8.

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you're all correct....I seen some comments while researching it today.

Besides, I frequently do a restore from backup on my iTunes as I notice my device runs better and clears up a lot of garbage. Now, with iOS 8 whenever I select restore from backup, I imagine that it will look for a new version and force me to install the latest version. So, I am forced to update any ways. #sigh

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods