Is there a reliable untethered Jailkbreak for iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 5

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Besides Pangu, is there one available?

I don't want my 5 to have iOS 8 but I know it will be pushed OTA soon and it will be just sitting there waiting for me to install.

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Not trouble with it per se, I just read several negative comments about it.

It is working ok, more or less. I did notice that it has issues with my cellular signal strength indicator. I have it showing up via this command: no JB needed:*3001#12345#* where it takes much longer to show the dB strength than before the JB. It also consumed approximately 300+ MB of storage on my iPhone 5, 16 GB.

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have issues with it and now I have to do a DFU restore to get me back.

Initially, I had issues with AppSync and how it crashed some stock apps like Mail, Safari, Weather, Notes, etc. I found a way to stop the crashes.

I also noticed my signal strength indicator (I have it in dB) that it is very slow in switching cell towers.

Random crashes of other apps like Heywire. I went to and tried to view a youtube video that was linked in Cydia and my device became almost completely unresponsive. I got a black screen but Siri and reboot worked.

I dunno if the Pangu JB caused ALL of this or if somehow Appsync did, but I only installed a few apps through Appsync like iFile, Shazam Encore,and iCleaner. With iCleaner, I left things at the default setting and didn't tinker with the settings.

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have issues with it and now I have to do a DFU restore to get me back.

Initially, I had issues with AppSync and how it crashed some stock apps like Mail, Safari, Weather, Notes, etc. I found a way to stop the crashes.

I also noticed my signal strength indicator (I have it in dB) that it is very slow in switching cell towers.

Random crashes of other apps like Heywire. I went to and tried to view a youtube video that was linked in Cydia and my device became almost completely unresponsive. I got a black screen but Siri and reboot worked.

I dunno if the Pangu JB caused ALL of this or if somehow Appsync did, but I only installed a few apps through Appsync like iFile, Shazam Encore,and iCleaner. With iCleaner, I left things at the default setting and didn't tinker with the settings.

SCREW WHAT I JUST SAID!!!!11

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR DEVICE

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

You go to general>Sttings> Profile

DELETE ANYTHING EITHER CHINEESE or OMETHING CALLED 25PP!!!!!!

IT MESSES WITH THE BIANARY IN YOuR DEVICE!!! THIS IS REALLY FRIGGING IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Scott Frederiksen

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
So I just got my iPhone 5s and want to jailbreak it before I activate it over my rooted android. I use my phone data as my internet at home, and know jailbreaking is the only way to do this without a monthly payment.
So my iOS is 7.1.2,
I get pangu 1.1 on my Mac, everything is going well until it reboots the first time and I didn't know it couldn't have a passcode... So it hung up after that and pangu crashed after not getting a response from the device. I had backed up my phone beforehand and reverted to this just in case, removed the passcode and the same thing happened...
So I noticed pangu has a newer version on windows, booted up my windows partition when to use it but it claims my phone is already jailbroken... Only fix I can find for either issue is erasing all content and data and starting fresh.. But I started this, heard it could take an hour so I went to sleep... Woke up and it still has the spinning ring on the screen.. So fresh wipe isn't an option.. Apple stopped signing 7.1.2 so dfu mode restore is out of the question..
Any tips? Or can someone send me in the right direction at least? I hear that issue with erasing data happens if you're jailbrojen.. So could it have jailbroken part way? It doesn't remove the pangu app,revert the date or add cydia... I'm getting really frustrated...
Thanks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh