I'm new to the forums, and I joined specifically because I was having trouble with spam phishing text messages coming in several times per day. I talked with AT&T customer support, and they told me that all I can do is ignore the messages. I figured, though, that there must be something else that I can do, given that my iPhone is jailbroken.

It's fortunate that iOS 7 came with the feature to block numbers, but the problem with the spam that I'm getting is that it is coming in from a different number each time. It always begins with the same first 6 digits, but the two numbers after that always change. I tried using the free jailbreak app SMSNinja (which seemed to offer the features I needed), but it doesn't seem to be working. I can only assume that the app is not really compatible with iOS 7.1.2. I looked online, but it seems that the alternatives that I found also suffered from the same issue. I suppose some people must think that call blocking is no longer an issue now that iOS 7 "includes" it.

Has anyone found an app that does this (and, if possible, one that has been tested to make sure it works on the newer versions of iOS)?
    09-14-2014 03:07 PM
    I'm new to the forums,
    Welcome to iMore, sir...
    and I joined specifically because I was having trouble with spam phishing text messages coming in several times per day. I talked with AT&T customer support, and they told me that all I can do is ignore the messages.
    In other words, they have no mechanism to prevent it.
    I figured, though, that there must be something else that I can do, given that my iPhone is jailbroken.
    Maybe, and hopefully, someone with knowledge of jailbreak apps in this regard will chime in to assist.

It's fortunate that iOS 7 came with the feature to block numbers, but the problem with the spam that I'm getting is that it is coming in from a different number each time. It always begins with the same first 6 digits, but the two numbers after that always change. I tried using the free jailbreak app SMSNinja (which seemed to offer the features I needed), but it doesn't seem to be working. I can only assume that the app is not really compatible with iOS 7.1.2. I looked online, but it seems that the alternatives that I found also suffered from the same issue. I suppose some people must think that call blocking is no longer an issue now that iOS 7 "includes" it.

Has anyone found an app that does this (and, if possible, one that has been tested to make sure it works on the newer versions of iOS)?
    All I can tell is that for about two weeks straight last month, I was dealing with SPAM calls and text messages. All i did was use iOS 7's number block feature repeatedly and then one day, everything was back to normal. Anyway, hopefully, you'll find something that will suit your needs soon. Take care, and again, welcome to iMore...
    09-15-2014 04:32 PM