I think I just broke my iphone 4S. I tried to use jailbreak but during the last two days more and more problems showed up. I deleted all apps and cydia, yah not smart I know, but could not delete Pangu and I can't rebreak it because it always says it is already jailbroken. I tried to reinstall cydia. The app shows up but it is dark and it just says installing and nothing happens.

I tried putting it back to its factory settings, but when I reboot on my phone it just shows me an hour glass and it never changes or progresses and when I try to reboot via I Tunes I get the 9006 error. Can this be fixed or did I break my phone permanently? I would really appreciate any help
    08-23-2014 04:08 AM
    I think I just broke my iphone 4S. I tried to use jailbreak but during the last two days more and more problems showed up. I deleted all apps and cydia, yah not smart I know, but could not delete Pangu and I can't rebreak it because it always says it is already jailbroken. I tried to reinstall cydia. The app shows up but it is dark and it just says installing and nothing happens.

I tried putting it back to its factory settings, but when I reboot on my phone it just shows me an hour glass and it never changes or progresses and when I try to reboot via I Tunes I get the 9006 error. Can this be fixed or did I break my phone permanently? I would really appreciate any help
    Hi there and welcome to iMore. Let's see what we can do to help you.

The thing is, if you don't know what you are doing with a jailbreak, it is never a good idea to just randomly delete stuff. I assume you tried to reset to factory settings via the option on the phone, rather then on iTunes? If so, remember to never to do that again if you are jailbroken. It will not work and will mess up your phone.

It's unlikely that the device is b0rked forever but you will need to follow some instructions to hopefully get it working again.

See if you can put your phone into DFU mode - How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

Error 9006 indicates a security error. Follow the instructions on the official Apple Support site in the following link to see if that can resolve your issue - Resolve issues between iTunes and security software

Once you've done the above, your phone is (hopefully) in DFU mode and iTunes is all present and correct in accordance with the link above, then try to reset to factory settings via iTunes.

Things to remember if you jailbreak in future - Never delete Cydia from your device, it will not return your device to stock. Never reset your device by using the option on the phone. If you want to remove a jailbreak, ALWAYS use iTunes to do so.

Others will hopefully be along to let you know anything I have missed (and it's likely I have missed stuff too). Good luck on getting your device fixed.
    08-23-2014 04:29 AM