How to stop Cydia ads from booting you to App Store?

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Disclaimer: I am not against advertisements in Cydia. The Devs work hard and deserve to make any and all money they get from anywhere.

However, I've noticed, that a bunch of Cydia tweaks (from legal, default repos, like BigBoss and the others) have started creating ads, that automatically redirect you to the App Store when you try to slide the page. This isn't common to all tweaks, only some have it.

It's beginning to annoy the hell out of me. I was trying to click purchase on a tweak, and it kept redirecting me to the App Store. Again. And again. And again. Refusing to let me buy it. There's also the issue that if I have queued a bunch of tweaks to install, if one of these stupid tweaks redirects me to App Store, Cydia loses the queue and I have to start again.

Is there anyway to stop these stupid ads?

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Disclaimer: I am not against advertisements in Cydia. The Devs work hard and deserve to make any and all money they get from anywhere.

However, I've noticed, that a bunch of Cydia tweaks (from legal, default repos, like BigBoss and the others) have started creating ads, that automatically redirect you to the App Store when you try to slide the page. This isn't common to all tweaks, only some have it.

It's beginning to annoy the hell out of me. I was trying to click purchase on a tweak, and it kept redirecting me to the App Store. Again. And again. And again. Refusing to let me buy it. There's also the issue that if I have queued a bunch of tweaks to install, if one of these stupid tweaks redirects me to App Store, Cydia loses the queue and I have to start again.

Is there anyway to stop these stupid ads?

This

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408571197.715384.jpg

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded that tweak, and had no result. Almost any BigNoss tweak I go to now opens the App Store.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner