VideoPane is a lifesaver. Now can AirPlay RedZone channel on my AppleTV

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I swear this app saved me so many headaches. I work in retail so during the Fall, Sundays I like to come in to work at times. I like to avoid setting up cable at work because I really have no use for it. I have an AppleTV setup and the WATCH NFL Network app for iPad still has no AirPlay to it. That app also happens to stream the RedZone channel if you are subscribed on your cable provider. Basically VideoPane detaches a video from whatever app the video is playing in and backgrounds the video to play while you can multi-task on your device. Think how the YouTube app lets you shrink the already playing video so you can continue browsing the app. I think the unintended consequence of the app is the fact that it will AirPlay the video, and that's just what it will do on the RedZone channel. Happy freaking camper here.

VideoPane doesn't do this with all apps that play video, by the way. Some apps it is able to detach the video, and some it cannot. Luck of the draw on this one. If you're really looking to get an non-AirPlay app to AirPlay, I suggest Flex 2. People release patches for 3rd party apps on there for things like enabling AirPlay and such. For example the Watch NBC Sports app doesn't include AirPlay, but Flex has a patch that was uploaded to let it AirPlay.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73