Any tips on how to find hidden app/folders on a jailbroken device?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore

Cydia is part of a jailbreak and there are many reasons why people jailbreak. Basically, it allows you to open up many more functions of the device than were available previously on the stock OS. I have a jailbroken iPad for instance as it allows me to change the type of screen brightness of the screen far more than would be available to me normally (through a tweak called F.lux) and to automatically disengage the PIN security lock when connected to my home WIFI network (Tweak called Cleverpin).

It does NOT mean that your husband is cheating so assuming something like that is dangerous.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My husband downloaded Cydia in June. I assume to use apps that hide emails or text messages. Any tips on how to find the apps on his iPad?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Why would you assume he downloaded Cydia for that purpose? Cydia is like the App Store for jailbroken phones. He may be just customizing his home screen and adding cool features. Jailbreaking would be an extreme measure just to hide emails and text messages, when they can just be deleted.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It's probably worth adding that in order for you to understand what a jailbreak does, it might be a great idea for you to have a look around the jailbreak forum on here so you can get an idea of the sort of things you can do with a jailbroken device.

You'll note that it every single case, the people on here are just trying to open up more functionality for their device and not trying to cheat or lie to their partners or anyone else.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you want to know if he is hiding stuff you need to list all the tweaks that are in the device. Then we will be Able to tell you if there is anything shady going on?

Open up cydia, in the bottom hit the "installed" button and then list the tweaks here.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hahahaha oh man

First of all, jailbreaking isn't hard and doesn't take long to do it, even though if you're not experienced

Second you don't need some fancy tweaks or apps to hide stuff, you can just use iFile, one of the most powerful apps in Cydia

Third; I saw/see a lot of tweaks and apps which hides or (password) protects stuff like messages, mails, pictures etc.

If you don't want someone to see stuff like mails, messages etc. either don't write them or just don't give anyone your phone. Put a pass code and that's it.

If someone doesn't trust you then it's the wrong partner to be really honest. If someone give you the feeling that he/she is cheating then you should just talk instead of checking the partner's phone :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR