Iphone 5 restore ios 7.04 then update

cstrienen

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I would like to update my Iphone to 7.11 from 7.04. Problem is it isn't working with Itunes. The Iphone is Jailbroken. When connecting to Itunes en try to update a error occured. Then try to download firmwre and hold the shift key while choose update in Itunes then select the file and again a error occured: The Iphone cannot be updated because firmwarefile is incompatible. I have tried 2 files: Iphone 5 GSM and Iphone 5 GSM CDMA but both give the error. What can i do, i want to update and then jailbreak again but now 7.12 is out.

ALso tried to put the Iphone in DFU mode then select update in Itunes with the shift key and selected the file, also failed.tried 3 different files from Iphonehacks and Redmond Pie

Actually the problem is: i cannot restore another IOS anymore: nor 7.03 nor 7.11

cstrienen

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Thats the problem, how to do that because i have tried to do this: put device in DFU ok but restore in Itunes gives a error..
And when i set the device on the Iphone itself for example to default a sort formatting, how do ik install IOS again must i start over from the beginning? I cannot restore a backup which is made from ios7.04 when on that moment 7.12 is on the device?

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you follow these steps

Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)

1. Plug your device into your computer.

2. Turn off the device.

3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds

4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds

5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button

6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

cstrienen

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Before trying agian with the Iphone i would like to know what am i goiing to expect:

When restoring the Iphone to new one how it goes then am i lossing the apps settings etc. I cannot put a backup in Itunes back to ios 7.12 when updated because the backup is made with 7.03.

I would like to know what to expect after restoring the device. Lossing apps, settings, jailbreak again and start over?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Back up your phone.
DFU mode your phone.
Restore your phone as new.
Jailbreak your phone.
Restore from back up.
Same phone as you started with, only jailbroken.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal