5c Springboard Crashing Issues

Lance Allison

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a jailbroken 5c 32gb iPhone on iOS 7.1.1 through VZW. Recently, I installed a Cydia app that was supposed to make the signal and battery indicators more useful and accurate. Didn't like the results so I removed the app.

After rebooting the phone everything appeared normal but is now giving a springboard crashed message shortly after displaying the main springboard page. Typically there is an option to continue running in safe mode or go back to normal mode. Neither option works for very long as it either crashes again or the phone reboots. I have 4 of the latest backups stored locally as well as 2 iCloud backups. In attempting to restore from any of the them, the phone doesn't stay up long enough to start the process. Hard resetting didn't do much and it took so long to reboot I swore I bricked it.

On the way now to pickup a cheapie, very used Iphone 4 found on Craigslist so there is something usable until we can get the 5c going.

There are tons of posts with possible resolutions for the springboard crashes. Quite possibly, a true fix is explained in the threads. I'd certainly like to try any of the suggestions, but there are only about 5-10 seconds of usable time before it crashes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Do the hard reset again and hold the volume up button while booting? see if that gives you enough time to open cydia and remove tweaks from the "recent" tab.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner