Curious about the opinion of the community.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am excited for Swype. I've always loved that keyboard. I've got a keyboard like that on my JB iPad but it's too buggy to use on my phone to be honest.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.
It must take practice. I tried an app that had it, and I just got flustered with it. I do like SwiftKey. I may reinstall that app and play with it some before iOS 8 rolls out. I think it is called Fleksy. I use the SwiftKey Notes app some for long emails and blogs. Not practical for short stuff.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It must take practice. I tried an app that had it, and I just got flustered with it. I do like SwiftKey. I may reinstall that app and play with it some before iOS 8 rolls out. I think it is called Fleksy. I use the SwiftKey Notes app some for long emails and blogs. Not practical for short stuff.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
I've had Swype on pretty much every Android I've owned. Even used JB variants on my iDevices. It works well if you've got small hands.

Sent from my BB Slider using Tapatalk.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
The iOS 7 keyboard is a lot better looking than the iOS 6 one in my opinion :)

I concur. iOS6 keyboard looks just SO old. iOS7 is great, iOS8 keyboard tops it off with the predictive typing enhancement. I don't think any third party keyboard will sway me, I tried swype and I'm just way faster with the standard keyboard.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you like the keyboard on iOS 6? As the 5c was my first iPhone, I never experienced it. I found a tweak called Vintage. It lets me use the iOS 6 keyboard in light or dark. It even lets you set different keyboards for each app so you can go back to modern in some apps!

So what do you think? Did you like the iOS 6 keyboard or do you prefer the iOS 7 one (or iOS 8 if you've got it)?

I think the iOS 6 one looks really nice in dark! Especially in junction with a fifth row tweak. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/yra6apa9.jpg

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

Hahaha I really thought I'm the only one who thinks like that... but when Ryan Petrich released the tweak to enable iOS 6 keyboard to iOS 7 OS I was sure I'm definitely not the only one :p

BUT I just like the black iOS 6 keyboard, so installing Bloard was must :D

Now I use Activator and Bloard together. From 6am to 6pm my keyboard is light (white) and from 6pm to 6am it's dark (black). Just set a scheduled event to turn Bloard on/off ;)

Last edited:

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that interests you, I have the tweak "Bloard" and there's a small glitch when you activate it via Flipswitch and don't close your app which has a keyboard then your keyboard will look for a short time really strange but cool. See the 3 screen shots, the first is the light keyboard, the second the dark and the third is the dark keyboard after turning Bloard on while using the keyboard. Looks cool I'll ask the Dev if he can provide such a keyboard or if it's just random
It somehow looks like the black iOS6 keyboard 😁

aquruten.jpg

u5y4upet.jpg

y8ejyba4.jpg

Last edited:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I concur. iOS6 keyboard looks just SO old. iOS7 is great, iOS8 keyboard tops it off with the predictive typing enhancement. I don't think any third party keyboard will sway me, I tried swype and I'm just way faster with the standard keyboard.

Yeah, iOS 8's predictive text looks awesome. It'll definitely improve over the iOS 7 keyboard. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2