Curious about the opinion of the community.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Did you like the keyboard on iOS 6? As the 5c was my first iPhone, I never experienced it. I found a tweak called Vintage. It lets me use the iOS 6 keyboard in light or dark. It even lets you set different keyboards for each app so you can go back to modern in some apps!

So what do you think? Did you like the iOS 6 keyboard or do you prefer the iOS 7 one (or iOS 8 if you've got it)?

I think the iOS 6 one looks really nice in dark! Especially in junction with a fifth row tweak.
yra6apa9.jpg

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I don't recall those symbols being at the top on the iOS 6 keyboard. But I like that one in "Dark". Can we have a dark iOS 6 SwiftKey keyboard? I think that's what I want! :D

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I don't recall those symbols being at the top on the iOS 6 keyboard. But I like that one in "Dark". Can we have a dark iOS 6 SwiftKey keyboard? I think that's what I want! :D

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

They weren't. She has a tweak that puts Another row of keys.

OT: I didn't like iOS 6, but I think the keyboard was decent.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I really like the dark iOS 6 keyboard. It's one of my favorites out of all of the keyboard styles. I still like the iOS 7 keyboard a little more though

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually love the iOS7 keyboard because it's lighter. I think I like the clean look of just the letters on it too.

I would prefer the current iOS7 keyboard. That's just me though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know, I've never paid close enough attention to distinguish between the two, other than the associated iOS theme. Having said that, I basically like them the same, I suppose....:)

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
iOS 6 and it's keyboard was good.. But vintage?? Ehh.. Its like 2 yr old OS!! Lol

I prefer iOS 7 keyboard!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

iOSX

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 in April of 2013 so I had iOS 6 for a few months before iOS 7 was released.

I prefer the keyboard on iOS 7, I just feel like I make less typos than I did with the iOS 6 keyboard.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the "vintage" keyboard look of iOS6 especially the bottom "floating dock" (shelf look). Since this is my first iPhone (5s), I never had a chance to experience it. I kinda wish we could go backwards and customize without jailbreaking

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Now vintage would be the original keyboard from the OG iPhone. I like the iOS 7/8 keyboard more than the older versions mainly because I like the design better.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, I liked that keyboard but I've grown to like iOS 7 a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I care not for either keyboards. Once swiftkey/flesky are released on iOS I will most likely never touch apples keyboard again!

Sent from my Death Note

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I care not for either keyboards. Once swiftkey/flesky are released on iOS I will most likely never touch apples keyboard again!

Sent from my Death Note

I am excited for Swype. I've always loved that keyboard. I've got a keyboard like that on my JB iPad but it's too buggy to use on my phone to be honest.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh