Looking for a tweak to switch on off lock screen notifications

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am looking for a tweak to switch on off the lock screen notifications with one click.

For example
I have now on the lock screen the following notifications:
What's app
Mail
Bbm
When a message comes in, I see it on the lock screen

Now I want to toggle that with one click. I don't want to go to settings - notification center and the toggle all the notifications manually.

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The easiest solution is to turn on "do not disturb" mode and enable in its settings to allow calls, if you still want to get calls ;)

I'm using this if I also don't want notifications on my Lockscreen :)

Hope that helps you :3

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks

But if you press to home button, you have the notifications than on the lock screen.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
But if you press to home button, you have the notifications than on the lock screen.

I'm really sorry, I didn't test it, I just knew that I won't get any notification while on my phone, thought it would also don't show them on lock screen.

I have LockInfo7 installed, which shows the Today view of my Notifications Center on my Lockscreen and all Notifications in the next page. So you will never be annoyed or distracted by notifications, but you still know they're there, can check them, open, mark as seen or just remove them from Lockscreen. If you get a notification then there will be the app icon of the notification on the right side. Swiping to the left shows all your notifications just like in the Notifications center (you can also collapse the notifications there and shrink the size of the height and increase the width and lot more).
I really really like that functionality of LockInfo7. Here are 3 screenshots if you don't know LockInfo7, (one with today overview and the second without today overview). I additionally installed OmniFocusWidget to show my tasks on the Lockscreen. You can also collapse these widgets. (Because of privacy reason I blurred some fields in the 3. screenshot, but you get an idea of it).

I know that doesn't solve your "problem" in a way you thought about, but maybe it's something you want to check and maybe you like that tweak,too. You can test the tweak 2 weeks for free.

IMG_3796.PNG
IMG_3795.PNG
IMG_3800_copy.png

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the post :)
At the moment I am using convergence

It is not bad

I will post later some screenshots with the configuration.

Maybe you know a tweak that regulates the wake up from the screen, when a notification pops in.

Thanks.

naru9uge.jpg

Last edited:

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
At the moment I am using convergence

That looks cool :D

Maybe you know a tweak that regulates the wake up from the screen, when a notification pops in

LockInfo7 also handles that. I was very frustrated with this wake up and dim stuff, but with LockInfo everything is great. For example you can individually set the Notifications Delay, the Active Delay and the Preview Delay. That also saves battery because the screen won't be turned on (for example in your pocket) for long time if you don't use it.

To be honest I never searched for other solutions for this case because LockInfo handles that. There were some tweaks which handle that, for example "ScreenDimmer" from Yllier or what I previously used "LockScreen Extender" from FreeApple on Cydia.

PS: the Germans strike back :p

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Servus :)

You mean that lock screen handles the previews?
I didn't find that in the settings.

For example
What's app , messages, mail you can handle the prevs in the notification center, but not all apps have that option.

For example
Gmail, bbm, handouts don't have that. So I think lock info cannot handle that.

Lock info isn't bad, but it's to heavy, too much infos on the screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Servus :)

For example
What's app , messages, mail you can handle the prevs in the notification center, but not all apps have that option.

For example

Why can't you just toggle off those you don't want to show on the lock screen? They can still be seen other ways.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Why just toggle all the apps off then on? It's not comfortable.

One click should be enough :)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Gr?? Gott :p

As you can see in the screenshot you can set the dim and wake times in the settings ;)

IMG_5368.png

For example

For example

As far as I know it can just show previews for the built-in stuff like mail, calendar, messages etc.
All other apps will be opened if you tap or slide to the left on the notification. If you slide right you can check them off.

I would give it a chance. YOU decide how much stuff is shown on the screen. Remove everything what you don't need.

You can also put widgets on the Notifications page and have a "cleared" Lockscreen. With LockInfo everything is possible. You can also add widgets from other developers, collapse them and lot more ;)

And that's the only and best solution I know for your "problem". You get your notifications, but on the lock screen there's nothing except icons of the notifications.

Another Option besides LockInfo would be turning notifications off for Lockscreen and just enable them for Notification Center and check them there, but that's not a solutions.

If you have something like a smart watch, like the Pebble you could forward notifications to it haha :p

anon3230140

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What you're looking for is something like this. So much more convenient found in settings. One button that turns it off for all notification types.

Posted via iMore App on my z10

Attachments

• IMG_20140704_131956.jpg
    IMG_20140704_131956.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
What you're looking for is something like this. So much more convenient found in settings. One button that turns it off for all notification types.

Which tweak is that?

Thanks

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
That's how it's set up in BlackBerry 10 settings. It's not an app/tweak. I just put it there to show I understand what you're trying to achieve.

Yes yes :)

Our loved bb :)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha 4 steps to mentally destroy someone

1. Search for someone who needs helps

2. Search for a solution that solves the problem, BUT not in his/her case

3. Give everyone hope that you solved the problem

4. Destroy hope by dissolving the solution :p