Bought an iPhone 5 on craigslist and didnt realize it was iCloud password until I got home. Is there a way to bypass this?
    07-01-2014 11:22 PM
    Not without having the password. Contact the person from whom you bought the phone and have them remotely log out of their iCloud account.
    07-01-2014 11:25 PM
    Welcome to iMore, it is a security feature, sorry theres no way to bypass it. you may want to reach the person you bought it from.
    07-01-2014 11:26 PM
    the person is not answering or returning my calls
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    Then, unfortunately, you now own an Apple paperweight.
    07-01-2014 11:31 PM
    goodness... thanks!
    07-01-2014 11:36 PM
    P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
    SweetSCBerry likes this.
    07-02-2014 12:11 AM
    P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person youre talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if youre posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    Be a pro. Dont get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. In a nutshell, think before you post.
    Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members problem.
    YES SIR!!!

Sent from my far far away galaxy iPhone
    07-02-2014 12:12 AM
    Well it looks like you got hosed unfortunately. I would attempt to contact your local law enforcement and file a claim to at least try and get your $$ back. Sorry to hear that happened.
    07-03-2014 05:38 PM
    It's a tough lesson learned. Sorry this happened to you. Good luck in the future.
    07-03-2014 05:46 PM
    Keep trying to reach the seller. Who knows. They may answer.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    07-03-2014 06:10 PM
    Spamming their cell and email might make them do something. You should always think before you buy.
    07-03-2014 06:59 PM
    WOW OP I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Really, continue to try to contact him. It might work.
    07-03-2014 07:44 PM
    Spamming their cell and email might make them do something. You should always think before you buy.
    You should think before you post. Most of your posts are useless rambling and usually laced with inaccuracies. If you're going to be a flaming ******, you could at a minimum offer some useful advice for the OP going forward.

Buying a device from CL always includes a bit of risk. You can help mitigate this risk by performing the transaction at the cell provider's store. If you do this, you can ensure the phone is activated for you prior to losing leverage with the seller. If the seller is legitimate, it's unlikely they'll have an issue with this method.
    07-03-2014 09:52 PM
    Buying a device from CL always includes a bit of risk. You can help mitigate this risk by performing the transaction at the cell provider's store. If you do this, you can ensure the phone is activated for you prior to losing leverage with the seller. If the seller is legitimate, it's unlikely they'll have an issue with this method.
    Great point. I've never bought a phone from CL, but I've sold a few. I usually have the buyer meet me at a Verizon store. It's good for both parties.
    07-03-2014 09:57 PM
    I don't like when people are scammed by other people. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-04-2014 12:20 AM