Can't Activiate my new iphone 5S (SIM IS NOT VAILD)

halta001

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have recently purchased a new iPhone 5s from a Company here in UAE ! and sent the iphone new as it's to as a gift outside the UAE ! when they tried to activate their iphone for the first time ! it gives them the error that SIM is not valid !

I contacted the company they said they can't do anything about it ! and Honestly they hardly understood the problem !

Is there anyway to activate the iphone without bringing it back to UAE ? and if I find an SIM card for the same carrier there will it help to activate the iphone ?

or is there anyway that can bypass it without affecting the originality of the iphone ?

HT0tNVu.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have recently purchased a new iPhone 5s from a Company here in UAE ! and sent the iphone new as it's to as a gift outside the UAE ! when they tried to activate their iphone for the first time ! it gives them the error that SIM is not valid !

I contacted the company they said they can't do anything about it ! and Honestly they hardly understood the problem !

Is there anyway to activate the iphone without bringing it back to UAE ? and if I find an SIM card for the same carrier there will it help to activate the iphone ?

or is there anyway that can bypass it without affecting the originality of the iphone ?

Thanks
First question. Is the phone even unlocked?

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
than i have to say that ur phone is not factory unlock.
would u tell me the imei number so i can check it out for u ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I checked it with IMEI it says it's SIM Locked ! How come ? i used simiar phone abroad and worked fine with different sim !

If you have paid full retail price ( something like USD 700), ask your carrier for an unlock code. That's the only way to use it on a different carrier.
But as you mentioned UAE and purchased from a company ( which I assume is not a carrier like Du/Etisalat), they shouldn't be selling locked phones in the 1st place.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
so , as u said urself its simlock witch means ur friend have to pay some cash in his cuntry to sim unlock the phone.
i guess problem is solved.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
if u pay the bond operator in ur cuntry to simunlock it than the warranty will be valid.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It shouldn't but your warranty is not valid outside the country of sale.
Unlock the phone and you will be good.
+ 1. The person using the phone won't be able to claim warranty in his country which is different from your country. Iphone warranty is country specific to selling country only.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative