Whatsapp on Ipad - Registration

Acidrop

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I've installed Whatsapp on my Ipad which works fine once I use the registration code sent to my mobile, but then the Whatsapp on my mobile becomes inactive.

It looks like you can only use one instance of Whatsapp at a time from the same number. What's the point then of installing it on a second device??

Anyone got a workaround for this?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably get more input posting this somewhere other than jailbreak. Whatsapp isn't a jailbreak app. But, if they don't support tablets, it's reasonable to assume they don't intend for you to install on multiple devices.

Acidrop

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
This should be posted in the jailbreak section as you install a Cydia tweak called 'Whatspad' for the very reason to run Whatsapp on an iPad or other non-gsm iOS device. What it doesn't do is allow you to use the registration code from the same sim.

I thought this was the place to come when advice was needed but so far I've had no luck with anything.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've installed Whatsapp on my Ipad which works fine once I use the registration code sent to my mobile, but then the Whatsapp on my mobile becomes inactive.

It looks like you can only use one instance of Whatsapp at a time from the same number. What's the point then of installing it on a second device??

Anyone got a workaround for this?

You can only use whatsapp with one sim number, so before you use whatsapp on your ipad, you make sure that your ipad is SIM card enable ipad, insert that ipad SIM into your iPhone to register it with whatsapp, copy the whatsapp documents folder from your iPhone to somewhere on your computer (it contains registration documentation) then move back the SIM to your ipad and copy to the ipad in whatsapp app the document folder you have previously copied from the iPhone to somewhere in your computer. It should work hen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
This should be posted in the jailbreak section as you install a Cydia tweak called 'Whatspad' for the very reason to run Whatsapp on an iPad or other non-gsm iOS device. What it doesn't do is allow you to use the registration code from the same sim.

I thought this was the place to come when advice was needed but so far I've had no luck with anything.

There is no need for jailbreaking the ipad actually before installing whatsapp on it. Using iFunbox on a stock ios can give access for achieving whatsapp installation on ipad. It's however a kind of tweaking since it's not a straight forward process.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Here are some screenshot for those of you who are still wondering if it's really working or not.
It's true that my ipad is jailbroken, but I stress saying I've installed whatsapp on my ipad long before I jailbreak it actually. However, the ipad need to be using a valid working GSM 3G or 4G SIM card.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1402002318.202061.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1402002318.202061.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1402002371.091532.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1402002371.091532.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 16

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads