like the title says, i have jailbroken the phone with evasi0n. i added some sources to cydia and now i cannot use it.

everytime i open it, it says "Malformed line 3 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list (dist)

sure, there's ways to fix it by using ifile and deleting a couple files but i didn't download ifile or openssh before i added the sources. i've tried using cyder to get it to work, but even after fixing the sqlite3.dll issue with cyder my iphone still won't work with it. i've tried using ifunbox but you need openssh in order to do anything, and i've tried restoring the phone and re-jailbreaking it but itunes won't restore it, as the restore fails everytime. i've tried to erase all content and settings but as what normally happens when you do that with a jailbroken phone, it didn't work.

i'm unsure of what to do now and would really appreciate some help here.

edit: i also do not have the afc2 service needed by pretty much any program that will help me
    Last edited by chongva; 05-31-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    05-31-2014 09:47 PM
    Restore to the latest version of iOS. You will lose your jailbreak.
    05-31-2014 10:51 PM
    that's what i was figuring i was going to have to do, i guess there's really no way to avoid it?
    05-31-2014 11:06 PM
    that's what i was figuring i was going to have to do, i guess there's really no way to avoid it?
    You can try using Semi Restore, but I'm not sure if that's going to work.
    05-31-2014 11:13 PM
    Semi-restore might fix this issue but a full restore is recommended

Tappin' and talkin' from my iPhone 4
    05-31-2014 11:56 PM
    It's a jailbreak issue. There is no way in heck a restore is "recommended"

Does cydia "crash" after you get that message, like you cannot do anything else with it?
    Can you not hit cancel as soon as you start cydia so that it doesn't try and look for updates from the sources?
    have you tried opening cydia after you boot up in substrate disabled mode (hold volume up while booting)
    Last edited by 3cit; 06-01-2014 at 01:31 AM.
    06-01-2014 12:07 AM
    It's a jailbreak issue. There is no way in heck a restore is "recommended"

Does cydia "crash" after you get that message, like you cannot do anything else with it?
    Can you not hit cancel as soon as you start cydia so that it doesn't try and look for updates from the sources?
    have you tried opening cydia after you boot up in substrate disabled mode (hold volume up while booting)
    cydia doesn't crash, but nothing shows in the source list or packages which was the initial problem. how do you know when you're in substrate disabled mode? did that and all it did was arrange cydia, sbssettings, and winterboard apps to the very last of my apps. and cydia still comes up with the error.
    06-01-2014 10:00 AM
    cydia doesn't crash, but nothing shows in the source list or packages which was the initial problem. how do you know when you're in substrate disabled mode? did that and all it did was arrange cydia, sbssettings, and winterboard apps to the very last of my apps. and cydia still comes up with the error.
    Is Sbsettings actually compatible with ios 7? I'm sure it's not yet. And since you are about to factory restore the device, try re jailbreaking the ios with the same evasion tool,
    NB: evasion said it's not recommended to re jailbreak an already jailbreak ios. How ever, if the issue have nothing to do with evasion core codes, it will retail break succefully, otherwise the ios will stuck with an apple logo on the screen and then your only way out will be to factory restore the device which of course will push you to the most recent ios on apple server.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-01-2014 02:47 PM
    Is Sbsettings actually compatible with ios 7? I'm sure it's not yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Not really but it works on non A7 devices running iOS 7. It worked on my 5th gen iPod touch.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    06-01-2014 07:01 PM
    Start cydia, hit cancel as soon as it starts on the featured page see if you can install any of those Debian packages.
    06-01-2014 09:37 PM
    iPhone 5 7.0.4 jailbroken, can't use cydia and need help-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1401691353.209579.jpg
    "Copy files too and from device" has a link to afc2add
    Also check and see if you can install openssh
    iPhone 5 7.0.4 jailbroken, can't use cydia and need help-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1401691434.725276.jpg
    From the iPhone 5 7.0.4 jailbroken, can't use cydia and need help-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1401691460.303781.jpg file managers menu get to that from the featured menu.
    See if you can install anything at all with how cydia is working
    06-02-2014 02:45 AM
    like the title says, i have jailbroken the phone with evasi0n. i added some sources to cydia and now i cannot use it.

everytime i open it, it says "Malformed line 3 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list (dist)

sure, there's ways to fix it by using ifile and deleting a couple files but i didn't download ifile or openssh before i added the sources. i've tried using cyder to get it to work, but even after fixing the sqlite3.dll issue with cyder my iphone still won't work with it. i've tried using ifunbox but you need openssh in order to do anything, and i've tried restoring the phone and re-jailbreaking it but itunes won't restore it, as the restore fails everytime. i've tried to erase all content and settings but as what normally happens when you do that with a jailbroken phone, it didn't work.

i'm unsure of what to do now and would really appreciate some help here.

edit: i also do not have the afc2 service needed by pretty much any program that will help me
    In Cydia, go to Manage Sources. Sounds like you added one weirdly, but if you can't find it the GUI way, this will work, but I'd guess it may not be easy as well, so I'm not sure.

If you have anything but a PC, open a terminal. If you have a PC, install PuTTY PuTTY: a free telnet/ssh client and then open the terminal there.

Get the IP for your iPhone and computer

Type "ssh root@iPhone'sIP" password should be alpine unless you've changed it

Type "cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/"

Then type "scp cydia.list yourMacorLinuxusername@yourMacorLinuxIP:/path/to/your/desktop/" and enter your password (should be similar with PuTTY, but I haven't used it before)

Then type "mv cydia.list cydia.list.broken"

Then edit the file on your desktop, it will likely have a line different than the others on line 3

Once you either remove or fix line 3, you type "scp /path/to/your/desktop/cydia.list root@youriPhonesIP:/etc/apt/sources.list.d/"

That will work.

You could also likely do some of this with iFile or something, but you'd need that installed first. I think you'd need SSH installed first too though.
    06-02-2014 07:37 AM
    In Cydia, go to Manage Sources. Sounds like you added one weirdly, but if you can't find it the GUI way, this will work, but I'd guess it may not be easy as well, so I'm not sure.

If you have anything but a PC, open a terminal. If you have a PC, install PuTTY PuTTY: a free telnet/ssh client and then open the terminal there.

Get the IP for your iPhone and computer

Type "ssh root@iPhone'sIP" password should be alpine unless you've changed it

Type "cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/"

Then type "scp cydia.list yourMacorLinuxusername@yourMacorLinuxIP:/path/to/your/desktop/" and enter your password (should be similar with PuTTY, but I haven't used it before)

Then type "mv cydia.list cydia.list.broken"

Then edit the file on your desktop, it will likely have a line different than the others on line 3

Once you either remove or fix line 3, you type "scp /path/to/your/desktop/cydia.list root@youriPhonesIP:/etc/apt/sources.list.d/"

That will work.

You could also likely do some of this with iFile or something, but you'd need that installed first. I think you'd need SSH installed first too though.
    If he had installed open ssh
    06-02-2014 01:55 PM
    sure, there's ways to fix it by using ifile and deleting a couple files but i didn't download ifile or openssh before i added the sources.
    Do we see a problem?
    06-03-2014 07:53 PM
    Where'd this kid go? Probably stock thanks to all the excellent restore before troubleshooting advice
    06-04-2014 02:39 AM
    But he has a fancy ambassador tag so he must know what he's talking about =/
    06-04-2014 12:54 PM