biteLiquid 2 - Elegant transparent biteSMS theme

x.D

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
iPhone-4S-black-3views-mockup_zps1a901d7e.png

biteLiquid 2 is now live in Cydia. Seach for biteLiquid 2

Features an elegant transparent Quick Reply/Quick Compose. Slightly changed message bubble colors. Dark matte ios7 look.

Your feedback is welcomed. Hope everyone enjoys.

-Devin

Last edited:

x.D

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Bite liquid died with biteSMS 7. My theme is better. And complete. And well maintained

That's interesting. "Your" theme just mimics the original biteLiquid that I created. However, clearly doesn't match its quality. It's very weird to me that you would say that...? lol

My theme is promoted within the biteSMS app so I'd say most people enjoy it.
But good luck to you and your theme.

Thanks to everyone who supported the theme. :) Let me know if you have any suggestions.

x.D

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Your theme was the greatest theme ever. Which I clearly stated many times over.
You abandoned it and I pretty much maintained it for the users of this forum. I even gave you every fix I made to your theme. And it's still here for everyone to go check.
When bite 8.2 dropped it was apparent your theme was dead as 90% of graphics were dropped in bite theming.

I created the new masks, bubbles, .plists about a month before you. I edited every "theme-able" section with every release of bite. My theme was inspired by bite liquid. But in built it from the ground up within the parameters of bite8.

Then you come out with your watered down sheet.
No wonder it's called bite liquid.

Barely even a theme at this point.

It should be much better than it is with all the releases of bite after 8.2
You missed like thirteen sections. You can't even read the names of contacts as you type them in. Your search background isn't themed, your contact background isn't themed.
Your lazy.
Bite liquid 2 is an embarrassment. You should have named it something different to avoid bringing bite liquid down.
This is like nhl96 all over again. Anyone who played both nhl 95 and nhl 96 know what I'm talking about.
Take something great and screw it up.

I'll give anyone here a free copy of my theme so that they can tell what a real theme should look like for a dollar.

What did it take you, like 17 minutes to edit the plist for your theme?
And congrats on being featured. Along with the wonderful works of gunmetal and dark transparent and dark qr
All these ducking themes are jokes.

So much hatred towards the one who inspired you. It's immature to bash someone on their own thread. Show respect. I've done nothing negative to you. Just come in talking siht. I just take it as jealousy. I'm not going to talk down on your theme. It's clear to me by looking at your screenshots that it's just not something I'd be into. Needs a little work throughout IMO. But everyone's got different taste.

I think most the featured themes are quite nice. They are selected by the developers for a reason. Loosen up a bit.

Thanks for your suggestions. I wasn't aware of those issues. This is why I asked for feedback. I have no respect for a person who reacts the way you do.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Not worth a fight guys! They are both good themes. It depends on what the user is looking for. They are both very similar it looks like. I have bite liquid 2 because I had original and it was a free upgrade. But I appreciate the effort both of you put into your themes. Thank You!

x.D

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Bosox pm or email me your cydia ID and I'll gift you a copy if you like.

Devin, I was featured then suddenly wasn't. And not because the bite team didn't like it…
They don't feature based on "like"
For proof look at the featured themes. 2 are qr only which is a singular image and 5-10 plist edits.

Im pissed because im not featured anymore. I can only speculate as to why, and I know it's not because it got worse.
What think is that you complained to the bite team. I figure you told them I stole your theme.
Tell me I'm wrong, and that you didn't do that and I'll take it all back

Well if that's why you're upset then you got it all wrong. I never said anything to them about it. I even hit you up and was nothing but cool to you. Never even mentioned to you that it looked similar. I hope you got a good run of downloads. As I know, downloads slow after awhile, and piracy is a thing. lol

I'm very busy with work and I only themed for my personal use. I made biteLiquid based off of what I wanted my phone to look like and what I thought was appealing. I only posted it because a good amount of people on reddit requested it. Which might explain why it wasn't perfect but got the job done. Think it was just good timing, as biteSMS just started allowing themes back then. When iOS7 was able to be themed, I kept getting emails from users to update it.

I didn't follow up much on forums but did respond to users who emailed me about needed fixes. I do thank you for any fixes you made to the previous theme.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh