iOS 7 Install Custom Firmware

BackInBlack

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I have a Jailbroken iPad 2 GSM (Wifi+3G) with iOS 7.0.x (doesn't really count, not .6 I think) and I decided to restore it again to the same software version. So just to refresh it a bit. When I first tried to do that, I've got varios errors first, error 11. I went to DFU mode. Later, I got 3194 - I got TinyUmbrella TSS server running. So I resolved all these annoying errors, and finally when I got to : Preparing for restore, it stuck. It shew that bar filled and did nothing. It hung. I've read somewhere that I should delete my tweaks to escape this loop (I thought that it is a loop) and I've deleted everything from cydia, all packages. I accidentally deleted important files which stood for booting properly. I thought that it is not a problem, I thought I'll restore it anyway. But the problem still stands. The worst, I can't even use my iPad now, it loops while booting, basically doesn't boot up. I've tried everything I could imagine.

I am pretty sure I could just update to iOS 7.1 at any time, but I don't want to lose my jailbreak. Maybe there won't be a jailbreak for iOS 7.1 on the iPad 2 GSM, and then I would be stuck on that fw with no jailbreak.

So what do you suggest?

Sorry for my bad English and THX in advance!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3 there is no way to downgrade your iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

BackInBlack

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm.. I have some SHSH blobs saved. I'll check what FW they are. But if they are e.g. iOS 7.0.1 they are not good? Only 4.3.3? Also thx for your answer!

BackInBlack

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't with iOS 6.1.3 blobs.

Ah damn it :(
So the only way to get it work again is iOS 7.1?
I don't get it actually. I mean it is just a device and it is impossible to put a damn firmware on it I want ?!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah damn it :(
So the only way to get it work again is iOS 7.1?
I don't get it actually. I mean it is just a device and it is impossible to put a damn firmware on it I want ?!

Unfortunately iOS 7.1 is your only choice but if you can stay there and wait for a jailbreak for iOS 7.1 and don't update.

Apple has signature checks so you stay up to date with the latest security updates and fixes. It also prevents other OS being installed and also makes sure iOS can only be installed on iPads, iPhones, iPod touches, & Apple TVs. Their are other reasons why but I can also see why some people want to downgrade as well. Both sides have good reasons but Apple doesn't like jailbreaking so they don't want people to downgrade.

BackInBlack

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately iOS 7.1 is your only choice but if you can stay there and wait for a jailbreak for iOS 7.1 and don't update.

Apple has signature checks so you stay up to date with the latest security updates and fixes. It also prevents other OS being installed and also makes sure iOS can only be installed on iPads, iPhones, iPod touches, & Apple TVs. Their are other reasons why but I can also see why some people want to downgrade as well. Both sides have good reasons but Apple doesn't like jailbreaking so they don't want people to downgrade.

Ummm... Sorry a bit lost now. So why should I wait with this broken device if my only choice is 7.1? I could just upgrade and wait for the jailbreak, couldn't I?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ummm... Sorry a bit lost now. So why should I wait with this broken device if my only choice is 7.1? I could just upgrade and wait for the jailbreak, couldn't I?

Yes, iOS 7.1 is the newest version. It may not be jailbreakable but at least it will be working.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR