3GS Help - So far behind...

isgraceenough

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I recently found my old iPhone 3gs. Just looking to update it to the most recent possible iOS.

Jailbroken (dont know what with originally)
Unlocked with Ultrasn0w
Running 4.3.3
Baseband 05.13.04
Bootron MC145C (new)

I do not have access to the original sim card as it was bought from another country.

Can I please get the simplest information on how to get this bad boy running the latest possible update that has an unlock.
Spent hours but It's all legacy information and from so long ago its hard to find a straight answer and I don't want to brick it or find out without the original sim I cant activate it.

I was originally the person who jailbroke it but it was sooo long ago.

Thanks for any help provided.

Cory

quotientstech

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I recently found my old iPhone 3gs. Just looking to update it to the most recent possible iOS.

Jailbroken (dont know what with originally)
Unlocked with Ultrasn0w
Running 4.3.3
Baseband 05.13.04
Bootron MC145C (new)

I do not have access to the original sim card as it was bought from another country.

Can I please get the simplest information on how to get this bad boy running the latest possible update that has an unlock.
Spent hours but It's all legacy information and from so long ago its hard to find a straight answer and I don't want to brick it or find out without the original sim I cant activate it.

I was originally the person who jailbroke it but it was sooo long ago.

Thanks for any help provided.

Cory

Depending upon the country it was purchased from, there may not have ever been a lock to worry about. Also, it would probably be best to use iTunes to restore to factory settings, then update to the most current iOS version available and then use one of iMore's recommended jailbreak apps. Seems to me that such a route might have the least headache.

isgraceenough

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I know for a fact the phone is locked - I originally had the sim it came with when I unlocked it. can I use iTunes to update it? I had updated to a ipad baseband then downgraded to what I'm at now but I'm still not sure if it's safe? If I can safely update the phone with iTunes what are my options for unlocking.

Thanks

Cory

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW