I use iPod Touch's in iPort wall mounts around the house for home automation. I would like to have the screens turn off at night and back on in the morning - they are currently on all of the time. Is there a hack or anything that can do this? I have searched but not found anything yet. Thanks.
    03-31-2014 09:41 PM
    I must confess to have looked for something similar a couple of months back to go with my Philips Hue 'smartlight' system and JB iPad and couldn't find a thing.
    04-01-2014 04:46 PM
    I wonder if this can be achieved through some other app running in the background and accepting commands from a remote computer on the network?
    04-27-2014 10:10 AM
    I wonder if this can be achieved through some other app running in the background and accepting commands from a remote computer on the network?
    Activator
    04-27-2014 10:24 AM
    Thanks. I am not familiar with using Activator. I know I have it installed. Any pointers on what to do? Thanks.
    04-27-2014 10:44 AM
    Thanks. I am not familiar with using Activator. I know I have it installed. Any pointers on what to do? Thanks.
    Activator is the most important and feature-rich app/tweak ever! You can do almost everything with it. There are infinity possibilities to combine actions, gestures, menus etc. and yesterday there was a update which enhanced the app/tweak even more because you are now able to create profiles.

To answer your question, you should use Activator and have many different possibilities, but it depends on how you want it to be.

You can create time-based triggering, e.g. invoking app/action or toggle system functions and states like Bluetooth, WiFi, DoNotDisturb, Lock/Unlock etc.
    You can also trigger those actions with especial condition, like unlocking turns on some other actions like launching a app. For example I have set up a iPod touch (which my mother just uses to check her bank balance) to turn off WiFi and all system functions and go into flight mode if the device is locked (to save battery) and turn WiFi on, disable flight mode when the device is unlocked etc. You can also turn on/off autolock (for example 2min) at a special time like 11pm and after the defined amount of time (in this case 2 min) the devices lock themselves and at 6am you can turn off auto lock and unlock the device.

Here's a post from me how to assign Activator stuff:
    Ok, either use the Activator app or go open the Settings app and go to the Jailbreak tweak/app section and chose "Activator.

There you can chose where your new assignment should work, you can chose Everywhere, homescreen, Lockscreen and in Apps.

You can also create menus and more. Just go to "Everywhere" and there select a gesture.
    Search in the list for "Pinch", it's one of the springboard actions.
    The it will ask you what should happen, then select "Simulate Sleep button" or "lock device" in system actions.
    Leave the app and try it on your homescreen. It should lock your device now.

If you still need help, then I can also create a step-by-step picture or video tutorial
    And here's the whole thread where some good examples are. I also postet my setups, also with some graphics, check that and ask if you have questions
    http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking...actions-2.html
    04-27-2014 05:45 PM
    You know wifi works in airplane mode 1st turn on airplane, then wifi
    fb2 likes this.
    04-27-2014 07:35 PM
    You know wifi works in airplane mode… 1st turn on airplane, then wifi…
    Thanks for the hint. That's something a lot of people don't know, I knew it, but it's a little bit strange.

If you turn on Airplane mode it switches off Wi-Fi and blocks Data and Bluetooth etc.
    When you then turn on WiFi in flight mode you have flight mode and WiFi
    But I still toggle WiFi even though I use Flight mode, just in case
    04-28-2014 04:11 AM
    I can't seem to figure out how to trigger certain events by time? I only seem to find the option to trigger based on tapping or gestures.
    05-01-2014 07:15 PM
    I can't seem to figure out how to trigger certain events by time? I only seem to find the option to trigger based on tapping or gestures.
    1. Either open Settings App and go to Activator or open the Activator App.
    2. Go to "Everywhere"
    3. Tap on the upper right "Edit"
    4. There's a option which is called "Scheduled" (Specific weekday and time passes).
    5. There you can assign a day or days and the time when something should happen
    6. Tap on "finish"
    7. Then scroll down in the "Everywhere"-list and you'll find a section "Scheduled" where all times are listet
    8. tap on it and assign a action

I use this to sync databases daily, for example OmniFocus, OneNote etc. I also set many on different times like 5:50am, 5:50pm and 10:50pm etc.

I hope that helps you
    05-02-2014 09:10 AM
    Thanks. That is very helpful. I don't see a trigger based on a call from another computer. I played around with email or message trigger but the response was too slow. I am looking to create a trigger from another PC on the network. Activator looks like the way to go. Just have to finger out a trigger.
    05-04-2014 04:51 PM