Keep iphone 5s or get a note 3?

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
No. The Apple ecosystem means that the iPhone would be my only choice moving forward. If it's not useful to me, it isn't a reason to Consider a purchase.

Nice try on spinning that though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

I do not see how he is spinning it. On IOS I can use Apple Maps and Google Maps, Apple Calendar and Google Calendar, Numbers and Excel, Pages and Word, iCloud and drive, Siri and Google Now. The reason is simple, google thrives on advertising revenue and they are bending over backwards to accommodate ios users.

I agree with you that stock ios has less flexibility when customizing. But once you jailbreak the iPhone it becomes as good, if not better, than Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
HTC One Maxx and Atrix werr first. There others on other platforms.

That's all I have to say.

Come on man. You know that the swipe finger ID is nowhere close to what Apple implemented. These swipe ID sensors are pretty much useless.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Come on man. You know that the swipe finger ID is nowhere close to what Apple implemented. These swipe ID sensors are pretty much useless.

You can't convince that kid of anything. He is absolutely convinced that android is a superior operating system, which is fine, but unfortunately he spends his waking hours in iPhone forums trying to prove it to everyone else. He likes to bark, and bark loud.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys! We're all entitled to our opinions. I like three different OS's myself. They are all totally a unique experience for me. =)

No one operating system is better than another. They only become better the more relevant they are to the user.

He's not wrong that Android is superior, to him maybe it is. Just like those of you who think iOS is better, it is! It is if that's how you feel about it.

I personally think they all have something good to enjoy. Arguing my feelings on it though won't change anyone else's. So I just say:

"Live and let live."

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Guys! We're all entitled to our opinions. I like three different OS's myself. They are all totally a unique experience for me. =)

No one operating system is better than another. They only become better the more relevant they are to the user.

He's not wrong that Android is superior, to him maybe it is. Just like those of you who think iOS is better, it is! It is if that's how you feel about it.

I personally think they all have something good to enjoy. Arguing my feelings on it though won't change anyone else's. So I just say:

"Live and let live."

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

You just said everything that needed to be said about this, Sept.

But just wanna add this: "Why not give this a rest and just go for a stroll, shall we?"

:)

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine put it like this. The argument of which tech company is better is like arguing about sport teams. Everybody has their favorite brand (team) and there will always be debates about which one is better. Weither it is the Heat vs Pacers or iOS vs Android the debates will continue. I like a good spirited respectable debate now and then but ultimately, those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still. So, like what you like, defend your tech, support your brand and let the good times roll lol.

P.S. iOS is the best ha ha :)

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I own the %S with 64gb and the Note 3. I enjoy them both, two different phones. Can not beat the Note 3 with the S-Pen. I run my construction business off that beast. Saying that, never owned an Apple device, picked up the 5, bought it, traded up for the 5S, love it. Enjoyed the 5S so much I went and bought the IPad mini with 128gb. I will always own both OS, enjoy tech and all their great devices. Don't think it helped you at all but the Note 3 is IMO the best all around device made today, the S-Pen is the game changer.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine put it like this. The argument of which tech company is better is like arguing about sport teams. Everybody has their favorite brand (team) and there will always be debates about which one is better. Weither it is the Heat vs Pacers or iOS vs Android the debates will continue. I like a good spirited respectable debate now and then but ultimately, those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still. So, like what you like, defend your tech, support your brand and let the good times roll lol.

P.S. iOS is the best ha ha :)

No one is talking about tech companies. At least I didn't. We were talking about two very specific products.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
No one is talking about tech companies. At least I didn't. We were talking about two very specific products.

This is the gist of what I am saying..,"Everybody has their favorite brand (team) and there will always be debates about which one is better. Weither it is the Heat vs Pacers or iOS vs Android the debates will continue."

Apple, Google, iOS, Android or whatever, people will always debate/defend the one they like and that's ok as long as it's done in a professional way on this forum. That's my point ;)

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The gist makes no sense because no one is allying with companies. We're comparing the merits of two different devices. It's no different than comparing the S5 to the Note 3 - both made by the same exact OEM.

That's why your analogy makes no sense. They're just phones. I couldn't care less about who makes them as long as they work find and are decently supported. The companies Carr less about those people taking sides than they care about the companies. Let them do their thing. Just don't allow the smoke screen to distract from the decent merits of the discussion.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The gist makes no sense because no one is allying with companies. We're comparing the merits of two different devices. It's no different than comparing the S5 to the Note 3 - both made by the same exact OEM.

That's why your analogy makes no sense. They're just phones. I couldn't care less about who makes them as long as they work find and are decently supported. The companies Carr less about those people taking sides than they care about the companies. Let them do their thing. Just don't allow the smoke screen to distract from the decent merits of the discussion.

If you want to focus on the word "companies" in my post than that's up to you.

My analogy may not make sense to you but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Thanks.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say it was wrong. I implied it was a bad match for what this thread is supposed to be about.

The only reason your analogy makes sense now is cause you drug the brand loyalty drivel into the thread.

So excuse me you're right. NOW it makes total sense, and you're quite correct.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say it was wrong. I implied it was a bad match for what this thread is supposed to be about.

The only reason your analogy makes sense now is cause you drug the brand loyalty drivel into the thread.

So excuse me you're right. NOW it makes total sense, and you're quite correct.

Thanks ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2