Keep iphone 5s or get a note 3?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess people use their devices differently. Most the time, when I interact with my mobile devices I want the experience to be as smooth and simple as possible so I can focus on what I want to do and not how I need to do it. iOS is amazing to me for this. If I need to get complex while I'm mobile I remote desktop to a waiting full-fledged computer. As long as I have internet access I can remote to my waiting computer and its as if I'm sitting in front of it. My iPhones and iPods all have AT&T LTE so great internet access can be taken for granted. So no, I don't need a phone with a file manager or need the ability to be able to molest files or video. ...Don't need to be able to zip/unzip files on my phone, etc. See, Android has shown me that to do those things on the handset comes with a cost. A cost I no longer wish to pay. The Android mobile answers to those tasks is not better for me than using a full-powered waiting computer. So, I don't want to give up the simplicity and elegance of iOS so I can do esoteric things on my phone. ...but, if I do I just remote desktop to a real computer when the need arises. It's instant. It's fast. It's smooth. ...and I don't have to give up iOS to use it.

via one of the t@blets

The Note 3 has amazing battery life so I'm not sure what cost it comes with, given the phone performs flawlessly in every other way...

Ohleo

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Keep it. I have had a note and a G2. I actually liked the g2 better. But nothing compares to a 5s when it comes to a daily driver. iMessage. iMessage. And iMessage. And camera.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Keep it. I have had a note and a G2. I actually liked the g2 better. But nothing compares to a 5s when it comes to a daily driver. iMessage. iMessage. And iMessage. And camera.

Hi good is iMessage when you're texting someone without an iPhone? Facebook Messenger works just fine.

I don't find the 5S camera to be better than the Note 3 (except in low light where you cannot use a flash), especially for video the Note leaves it in the dust. The 5S does too much post processing, noise reduction, and color saturation for my tastes. White Balance on the Note is better. The Note has noticeably faster/better focus adjustment during video recording. The images are more detailed, and the camera software is simply better. Samsung's FFC is easily better than Apple's and allows 1080p video conferencing (at better quality than FaceTime if you use Samsung own proprietary communication software).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

This. Been there and feel the same, though I really did like the G2.

via the tablet

gjaramillo39

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is the iphone 6 needs to have a larger screen and it needs to be 1080p or I'm getting the htc one m8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
All I can say is the iphone 6 needs to have a larger screen and it needs to be 1080p or I'm getting the htc one m8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The M8 LOOKS like a nice phone. ...I will be eager to see what the iP6 offers...but really? The rMini and Air meet and exceed my big screen needs.

via the tablet

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Totally want to carry a tablet around everywhere. Someone showed up to a dinner party with a Mini last week. It was a pretty odd sight to see.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Totally want to carry a tablet around everywhere. Someone showed up to a dinner party with a Mini last week. It was a pretty odd sight to see.

Hmmm...I don't need a big screen when I go out to eat...or to the grocery store...or when I'm riding my bike. In fact, I don't need a big screen a lot of the time. I like to have one at home...or at the office...or at Starbucks. I actually enjoy having a discreet phone when I'm out and about but I realize some may only want one device they can use for everything. I like it specialized. ...at least for now.

via the phone

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...I don't need a big screen when I go out to eat...or to the grocery store...or when I'm riding my bike. In fact, I don't need a big screen a lot of the time. I like to have one at home...or at the office...or at Starbucks.

via the phone

I need a big screen when I'm training cause I use my phones camcorder and doing video or using analysis apps on 4" is borderline unusable.

I like having it for YouTube, viewing and editing pictures. Web browsing (read with no issues without zooming), etc.

Why buy two devices when one can do it all.

At home I have a real PC (Notebook) which is superior to all these devices for all things. My phone is largely sitting idle there.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I need a big screen when I'm training cause I use my phones camcorder and doing video or using analysis apps on 4" is borderline unusable.

I like having it for YouTube, viewing and editing pictures. Web browsing (read with no issues without zooming), etc.

Why buy two devices when one can do it all.

At home I have a real PC (Notebook) which is superior to all these devices for all things. My phone is largely sitting idle there.

I am a gadget lover so I like having multiples. I have 2 5s' in two different colors for when the battery dies on one. I got two iPads because there are times when my rMini may fit the task/environment better than the Air. Gadget lovers do gadget-lover things.

via the phone

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am a gadget lover so I like having multiples. I have 2 5s' in two different colors for when the battery dies on one. I got two iPads because there are times when my rMini may fit the task/environment better than the Air. Gadget lovers do gadget-lover things.

via the phone

That is not an issue with this phone. I can just swap the battery. That's $614 cheaper than a second iPhone (discounting taxes). Then again, that's unnecessary cause this phone slams through a day with ease with very heavy use.

That's not a Gadget lover thing. That does not even sound logical.

I used to carry three smart devices everywhere. I will never carry more than one again. Consolidation is such a liberating process.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
That is not an issue with this phone. I can just swap the battery. That's $614 cheaper than a second iPhone (discounting taxes). Then again, that's unnecessary cause this phone slams through a day with ease with very heavy use.

That's not a Gadget lover thing. That does not even sound logical.

I used to carry three smart devices everywhere. I will never carry more than one again. Consolidation is such a liberating process.

I'm the opposite. I carry around two iPhones and my Note 3. They all give me a different experience though. My 5s is jail broken, my 5c is stock. Then I've got my beautiful Note 3 which is an easily customizable phone that I use like a tablet.

I'm a technophile. I end up with a device turn over rate that's through the roof. Every 3-6 months I'm replacing something. I'm trying to refrain until September but I've got my eye on the Oppo Find 7....

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm the opposite. I carry around two iPhones and my Note 3. They all give me a different experience though. My 5s is jail broken, my 5c is stock. Then I've got my beautiful Note 3 which is an easily customizable phone that I use like a tablet.

I'm a technophile. I end up with a device turn over rate that's through the roof. Every 3-6 months I'm replacing something. I'm trying to refrain until September but I've got my eye on the Oppo Find 7....

From 2010 to 2012 I went through 9 phones. In 2013 I went through 4

But I'm no longer willing to carry that many devices around everywhere.

If I was female with a purse, that would probably be less of an issue.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
From 2010 to 2012 I went through 9 phones. In 2013 I went through 4

But I'm no longer willing to carry that many devices around everywhere.

If I was female with a purse, that would probably be less of an issue.

True. Plus I work in a cellphone store. It's definitely easy for me to feed my habit. I'm at 9 from 2013 to now. 4 were sold to people, 5 are either in use or still in my household.

I'm trying to be patient for the iPhone 6 but I might want to replace my Note 3 before then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro