Ok so my jail broken iPhone 4 has been running great until today... I loaded cydia to see if I had any updates... Cydia would not load ( said I exceeded packages ) but I have not changed anything... I messed with it till I could remove a repo ( only thing it would let me do ) so then it loaded but kept going into safe mode... I was useing ios6 icons and that was the only thing listed for a update so on a hunch I removed winterboard and everything is running fine again... I tried to download winterboard again and it went right back to safe mode... So yes it is now uninstalled... Does anyone have any clue as to what might of happened... I am not new to jailbreaking.. I did teach myself but have never had a issue in my 2 plus years... This one has me stumped... I there a issue with winterboard itself ? Was it the iOS 6 icons ( that I didn't update ) ? I do not even know where to start on getting this fixed... Any help ? Thank you very much

Shannon's iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-22-2014 02:36 PM
    Which repo did you delete?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-22-2014 05:15 PM
    I don't remember but I have tried to install winter board twice more and each time it went back into safe mode ...

03-22-2014 08:05 PM
    The repo was a small one... Not a basic Cydia repo

03-22-2014 08:06 PM
    I tried it again and now it is working... I really don't understand because I changed nothing... Before or after... I don't know ???

03-22-2014 09:00 PM
    This is what I now get when I open Cydia I have changed nothing or down loaded anything new

03-23-2014 04:39 AM
    I guess I am still in need of help

03-23-2014 04:40 AM
    It looks like Cydia was trying to add the repo iphoneRM.... I could be wrong still but everything seems to be working ok for now... No more error in Cydia

03-23-2014 05:42 AM
    My phone no longer resprings... I reboots every time instead

03-23-2014 07:36 AM
    The cydia error is exactly what it says your combined repos contain over 65,000 repos. You need to delete some of them.
    There is a lot of redundancy between a few repos if you search for a package and see it more than once you have too many repos.
    The respring issue is caused by an incompatible tweak/tweaks.
    Start phone holding the volume up button so that substrate is disabled and there will be no tweaks enabled, then you can go and uninstall a few tweaks and repos.
    You can also install I cleaner pro and disable some substrate tweaks as well so you can test which ones are causing issues instead of deleting them.
    03-23-2014 08:29 PM
    The cydia error is exactly what it says your combined repos contain over 65,000 repos. You need to delete some of them.

There is a lot of redundancy between a few repos if you search for a package and see it more than once you have too many repos.

The respring issue is caused by an incompatible tweak/tweaks.

Start phone holding the volume up button so that substrate is disabled and there will be no tweaks enabled, then you can go and uninstall a few tweaks and repos.

You can also install I cleaner pro and disable some substrate tweaks as well so you can test which ones are causing issues instead of deleting them..... Thank you very much for helping... I will do so right away

03-25-2014 12:04 AM