Who is giving up their jailbreak for ios 7.1?

tonyrxman

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Who is giving up their jailbreak for ios 7.1? NOT ME?

I left the jailbreak. It just wasn't as stable as I'd like it to be. I kept running out of RAM and my apps kept closing on me. I had about 4 tweaks installed which took little to no power to run. My battery was draining quite quick and the benefits of having a jailbreak to me weren't worth stability.

I can't believe ALL the problems I had with my JB (resprings, slow, not stable, battery problems, etc).........BUT WAIT, just when I was
gonna upgrade to 7.1 and give up my JB. I found the app iCleaner (read it on MANY forums)............ LISTEN, I have no reason to stir you
wrong and have no ties with them........ ALL that I can tell you is that it fixed EVERYTHING!!! NOT KIDDING............
So before you decide to un-JB, run icleaner and see what it does?? Let me know, how it works......

THANK GOD I STILL HAVE MY JB......................Anthony N

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I left the jailbreak. It just wasn't as stable as I'd like it to be. I kept running out of RAM and my apps kept closing on me. I had about 4 tweaks installed which took little to no power to run. My battery was draining quite quick and the benefits of having a jailbreak to me weren't worth stability.

I can't believe ALL the problems I had with my JB (resprings, slow, not stable, battery problems, etc).........BUT WAIT, just when I was
gonna upgrade to 7.1 and give up my JB. I found the app iCleaner (read it on MANY forums)............ LISTEN, I have no reason to stir you
wrong and have no ties with them........ ALL that I can tell you is that it fixed EVERYTHING!!! NOT KIDDING............
So before you decide to un-JB, run icleaner and see what it does?? Let me know, how it works......

Good to know. I frequently use icleaner on my 5s and ipad mini retina. Perhaps this is the reason I never experience these issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Good to know. I frequently use icleaner on my 5s and ipad mini retina. Perhaps this is the reason I never experience these issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me as well. That tool has been really helpful.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4 is jailbreakable on iOS 7.1.
Red snow just needs to update.
iPhone 4 jailbreak is hardware based and will never not have a tethered jailbreak. Too bad it's life is over soon :(

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just bailed on my jailbreak. I don't theme, and the tweaks I really used were infinidock, infiniboard, infiniscreen, etc. I used BiteSMS and Intelliscreenx but decided I could do without. I got tired of constantly having my devices go into safe mode or respringing, or having to respring to use my volume buttons.

7.1 is fine. Never had problems with my fingerprint sensor -- I alway set up 3 slots for my thumb and one for index finger and it always has worked great. I don't see huge speed differences, but I had been using NoSlowAnimation and Accelerate.

I'll try again when a new jailbreak becomes available.
The new calendar is great, and I dumped both Agenda and WeekCal from my iPhone and iPad. If you are jail broken, gregorian is the same thing.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm passing until they put out the jb for it. I just upgraded from the 5 so it's no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Exactly, iCleaner Pro is awesome and let's you disable unnecessary background functions, removes a lot if useless stuff and improve the whole performance and lot lot more ;)

And never give up a jailbreak, it's never worth going stock, especially on iOS 7... waited just way too long! >:3

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

And never give up a jailbreak, it's never worth going stock, especially on iOS 7... waited just way too long! >:3

I think that depends on how important the jailbreak tweaks are to you. I found that they were not important to me at all, really. ...and I don't miss them at all. I think I tired of customizing and searching for tweaks as an android user. I'm just fine with stock iOS.

4 of IV

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I think that depends on how important the jailbreak tweaks are to you. I found that they were not important to me at all, really. ...and I don't miss them at all. I think I tired of customizing and searching for tweaks as an android user. I'm just fine with stock iOS.

To be honest... I don't understand this argument. I hear it a lot of times that people say that they're "tired" of customization, theming, tweaking etc. But that aren't obligations, you can freely decide if and how much you customize your devices. There is no one who judges you because you haven't the newest and "best" Cydia apps and tweaks. Customize once the way you like it and stay with it. And if you really want to, then you can still change and modify.

If you go stock than you can't decide, everything is fixed and you have to use it how they want you to use it, (if you like it or not).

If you really don't need it, then it's fine and I'm really happy for you :)
... but often people don't know what they need/want and don't value it until they don't have it anymore :(

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

To be honest... I don't understand this argument. I hear it a lot of times that people say that they're "tired" of customization, theming, tweaking etc. But that aren't obligations, you can freely decide if and how much you customize your devices. There is no one who judges you because you haven't the newest and "best" Cydia apps and tweaks. Customize once the way you like it and stay with it. And if you really want to, then you can still change and modify.

If you go stock than you can't decide, everything is fixed and you have to use it how they want you to use it, (if you like it or not).

If you really don't need it, then it's fine and I'm really happy for you :)
... but often people don't know what they need/want and don't value it until they don't have it anymore :(

The only tweak I miss a little is Springtomize 3. But truly, I'm just fine without it as I am really satisfied with stock iOS. I apologize.

1 of IV

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no battery issues or resprings with my jb. Previous models that has made me upgrade to the newest software but I'm solid this time around. Besides, I don't like the looks of 7.1.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I actually have had my i-"Devices" since iOS 3.x and have always stayed "stock". I only did my first JB with iOS 7.0.x as I really didn't like the new look of iOS7 and wanted a iOS6 theme.

I took the plunge and my phone stayed stable! :) So I looked at a few tweeks (not too many) but now I couldn't go back....

I love the following ....

Deciding what toggles and launchers I can put in Control Center

BiteSMS is 1,000,000 % better than the native messages app

...and I love the "Remote Messages" app as I now dock my phone as my desk clock but can simply type my texts and iMessages from my PC as I work through my web browser! Saves me LOADS of time when I'm at my desk.

iOS7.1 looks like an improvement but not enough that I want to give up what I have just discovered as my JB iPhone makes my life so much easier.

bonanzabucks

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I’m still jailbroken on 6.1.2 and won’t give it up to upgrade to iOS 7, let alone 7.1. They offer nothing for me to even consider giving up my jailbreak. I have a good control center with SBStettings. Furthermore, tweaks and apps like iFile, WeKillBackground, Zephyr, BTStack Mouse and Attach+Mail (or AnyAttach) are absolute essentials for me and I’d lose them I upgraded. These are basic tasks that should already be included as part of iOS. Until they become part of stock, I don’t see myself upgrading.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods