I'm gonna stay with the JB for now, had respring issues early on as I was constantly trying new tweeks & themes but has been very stable since its setup the way I like now...

I like the colored & iSwipe keyboard too much to give up right now !!
    I finally got iSwype to work. This is incredible. Not as efficient as my android but it'll do!

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.
    fastpitch_dad likes this.
    03-11-2014 01:26 PM
    I will never give up my jailbreak. I like tethering too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-11-2014 04:03 PM
    No. Seems like i'd be giving up a lot and gaining very little.
    03-11-2014 09:37 PM
    Ever since I updated to 7.1 I've been pretty impressed. It's snappier. That's about it.
    In regards to my jailbreak I miss it. Guess I'll be waiting a while for the 7.1 jailbreak

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    03-11-2014 09:38 PM
    From what I've read, you may be waiting a very, very long time... if ever. Glad you got performance improvement. Nothing like losing your JB and finding you got nothing for it :-(

Ever since I updated to 7.1 I've been pretty impressed. It's snappier. That's about it.
    In regards to my jailbreak I miss it. Guess I'll be waiting a while for the 7.1 jailbreak

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    03-11-2014 11:42 PM
    I left the jailbreak. It just wasn't as stable as I'd like it to be. I kept running out of RAM and my apps kept closing on me. I had about 4 tweaks installed which took little to no power to run. My battery was draining quite quick and the benefits of having a jailbreak to me weren't worth stability.
    03-12-2014 02:27 PM
    I'm currently using the 5S and Retina Mini, and I gave up the jailbreak on the mini retina. Jailbreaking does make the device a little slower overall, and I didn't want the random reboots. My 5S, on the otherhand, will stay jailbroken, as I love having the option to use my phone as a modem.
    03-12-2014 02:57 PM
    I gave mine up. The performance changes on 7.1 made it totally worth it.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    03-12-2014 06:35 PM
    Just curious. But what performance changes that you can't get with a JB tweak ??
    03-12-2014 08:00 PM
    Lots of graphic changes, plus they sped up animations, making it seem faster.
    03-12-2014 10:40 PM
    Not me...sticking with my JB 7.0.6 until 7.1 is JB'd... Love my JB too much to give it up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-13-2014 01:08 AM
    Lots of graphic changes, plus they sped up animations, making it seem faster.
    Pretty much what it comes down to. They sped up the animations which shouldn't have been as slow to begin with. It was god awful.
    03-13-2014 01:26 AM
    Everyone at my office is like, it's so fast! They really fixed it up
    And I'm just smiling and nodding
    r5murphy and sherlock like this.
    03-13-2014 06:01 PM
    Not me...sticking with my JB 7.0.6 until 7.1 is JB'd... Love my JB too much to give it up...

highly doubt they will waste any exploits for 7.1. Likely to be saved for 8.0.
    03-14-2014 01:03 AM
    I would say if your on a IP4 then yea update. The performance improvements alone make it worth it. I updated my 4 and while I miss bitesms and intelliscreen I'm happy to have a solid performing device again.
    03-14-2014 01:07 AM
    I left the jailbreak. It just wasn't as stable as I'd like it to be. I kept running out of RAM and my apps kept closing on me. I had about 4 tweaks installed which took little to no power to run. My battery was draining quite quick and the benefits of having a jailbreak to me weren't worth stability.
    I can't believe ALL the problems I had with my JB (resprings, slow, not stable, battery problems, etc).........BUT WAIT, just when I was
    gonna upgrade to 7.1 and give up my JB. I found the app iCleaner (read it on MANY forums)............ LISTEN, I have no reason to stir you
    wrong and have no ties with them........ ALL that I can tell you is that it fixed EVERYTHING!!! NOT KIDDING............
    So before you decide to un-JB, run icleaner and see what it does?? Let me know, how it works......

THANK GOD I STILL HAVE MY JB......................Anthony N
    fb2 and Sekelani Zwambila like this.
    03-14-2014 02:56 AM

I can't believe ALL the problems I had with my JB (resprings, slow, not stable, battery problems, etc).........BUT WAIT, just when I was
    gonna upgrade to 7.1 and give up my JB. I found the app iCleaner (read it on MANY forums)............ LISTEN, I have no reason to stir you
    wrong and have no ties with them........ ALL that I can tell you is that it fixed EVERYTHING!!! NOT KIDDING............
    So before you decide to un-JB, run icleaner and see what it does?? Let me know, how it works......

Good to know. I frequently use icleaner on my 5s and ipad mini retina. Perhaps this is the reason I never experience these issues.

03-14-2014 03:01 AM
    Good to know. I frequently use icleaner on my 5s and ipad mini retina. Perhaps this is the reason I never experience these issues.

Me as well. That tool has been really helpful.

Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr
    03-14-2014 05:22 AM
    iPhone 4 is jailbreakable on iOS 7.1.
    Red snow just needs to update.
    iPhone 4 jailbreak is hardware based and will never not have a tethered jailbreak. Too bad it's life is over soon
    03-15-2014 02:15 AM
    I just bailed on my jailbreak. I don't theme, and the tweaks I really used were infinidock, infiniboard, infiniscreen, etc. I used BiteSMS and Intelliscreenx but decided I could do without. I got tired of constantly having my devices go into safe mode or respringing, or having to respring to use my volume buttons.

7.1 is fine. Never had problems with my fingerprint sensor -- I alway set up 3 slots for my thumb and one for index finger and it always has worked great. I don't see huge speed differences, but I had been using NoSlowAnimation and Accelerate.

I'll try again when a new jailbreak becomes available.
    The new calendar is great, and I dumped both Agenda and WeekCal from my iPhone and iPad. If you are jail broken, gregorian is the same thing.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-2014 11:38 AM
    I'm not planning on updating my iPod touch until a jailbreak becomes available for ios 7.1

Posted via the iMore App!
    03-15-2014 12:38 PM
    I'm passing until they put out the jb for it. I just upgraded from the 5 so it's no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-15-2014 02:00 PM

Exactly, iCleaner Pro is awesome and let's you disable unnecessary background functions, removes a lot if useless stuff and improve the whole performance and lot lot more

And never give up a jailbreak, it's never worth going stock, especially on iOS 7... waited just way too long! >:3
    03-15-2014 05:52 PM

And never give up a jailbreak, it's never worth going stock, especially on iOS 7... waited just way too long! >:3
    I think that depends on how important the jailbreak tweaks are to you. I found that they were not important to me at all, really. ...and I don't miss them at all. I think I tired of customizing and searching for tweaks as an android user. I'm just fine with stock iOS.

4 of IV
    03-15-2014 06:01 PM
    I think that depends on how important the jailbreak tweaks are to you. I found that they were not important to me at all, really. ...and I don't miss them at all. I think I tired of customizing and searching for tweaks as an android user. I'm just fine with stock iOS.
    To be honest... I don't understand this argument. I hear it a lot of times that people say that they're "tired" of customization, theming, tweaking etc. But that aren't obligations, you can freely decide if and how much you customize your devices. There is no one who judges you because you haven't the newest and "best" Cydia apps and tweaks. Customize once the way you like it and stay with it. And if you really want to, then you can still change and modify.

If you go stock than you can't decide, everything is fixed and you have to use it how they want you to use it, (if you like it or not).

If you really don't need it, then it's fine and I'm really happy for you
    ... but often people don't know what they need/want and don't value it until they don't have it anymore
    03-16-2014 04:14 AM
55 123