Ok quick question how can I make a back up of my phone before I upgrade to new software that is still jailbrakeable (not sure if that is a word). I like where I have my phone to now but don't want to go through reinstalling and resetting everything all though it might not be a bad idea. Is there a away to get a back up of what you have on it or to get a list from the phone of the tweeks and apps you have installed so I can go through and look at what I have and what I don't want???? Also to get my repo's back. Or is this all have to be done manually?

Ty in advance.
    02-27-2014 09:42 AM
    • iFunBox
    • OpenBackup
    • PKGBackup
    • xBackup
    02-27-2014 07:17 PM
    From personal experience, I'd recommend staying away from open backup
    02-27-2014 09:39 PM
    I used PkgBackup and had almost no problems upgrading my iPad 4 to 7.0.6 and rejailbreaking. Using the same process on my 5s has NOT worked well, though. Restoring and starting over now, after several hours of messing with it. Among many issues, I keep ending up with some version of Cydia that seems out of date (or won't update). For example, the version of Winterboard it had was one from a year ago, which wouldn't support my iOS7 themes. Weird.
    02-27-2014 11:06 PM
    I used PkgBackup and had almost no problems upgrading my iPad 4 to 7.0.6 and rejailbreaking. Using the same process on my 5s has NOT worked well, though. Restoring and starting over now, after several hours of messing with it. Among many issues, I keep ending up with some version of Cydia that seems out of date (or won't update). For example, the version of Winterboard it had was one from a year ago, which wouldn't support my iOS7 themes. Weird.
    Your issue has been noted by others too. The solution appears to be to clean up Cydia with iCleaner, and then go back into Cydia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Navmacs likes this.
    02-28-2014 08:46 AM
    Yes, thanks. That seems to have fixed that issue. I was still never able to get PkgBackup to fully restore after rejailbreaking, and gave up after WAY too many hours trying! Will spend some time later manually installing the remaining missing tweaks....
    02-28-2014 10:27 AM
    I just tried with Open Backup and it saved and resorted my sources but none of my tweaks. Not sure if I did something wrong on my end or it was the tweak itself.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-28-2014 09:26 PM
    I just save the Debian files directly.
    02-28-2014 11:37 PM