3GS need help

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, recently my sis gave an old 3gs to my son to amuse himself with the deivce, as the device was bought (earlier in 2009 can't remember or) somtime in the past it was jailbroken and unlocked, I accidentally got it in restoring itself... which did not work and the phone got into a loop, somehow i managed to get it to connect it with itunes and some version of ios was installed on it which i don't know as the phone is now unactivated and needs a sim to activate which i do not have. So i found out that the only way to do it was by jailbreaking the ios. Here is my problem:
I do not know what firmware am i on
I tried jailbreaking it with redsn0w using ipsw 5.1.1 but i get the "code signature for shared cache failed with errno=7"
When i try the 6.1.6 10B500 it does not accept the FW
MY device particulars are:
baseband 05.16.08-64_M352
Tiny umbrella does not show any ios version
Help needed

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanx @3cit ... what version of ipsw and redsn0w will i need ?
I already hv a 2,1 6.1.6 10B500 which did not work .... some fingerprinting issues... don't know what it is !
plz advise ...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay... Try the ipsw files for iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.5 and 6.1.6. Use the latest version of RedSn0w. If you just have any sim from the carrier its from, just pop it in and connect the phone to iTunes it will activate. You can just ask for one from the carrier store. You don't need to have service on the phone for it to work. Good luck.

Last edited: