Will you Update to iOS 7.1?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope cause I've already had to re jailbreak and restore like 6 times haha. Plus I don't want to wait LOL.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 5S yes, my 5th gen iPod touch I'll be downgrading to iOS 7.0.4 before Apple stops signing it and jailbreak it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely! My Air and 5s reboot 5+ times per day. It's so frustrating, especially when I'm with a client. The jailbreak isn't worth actual functionality of the OS.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'll have to wait and see what changes come to the demo phones at my store before I decide. Though it's highly likely I'll just be keeping my jailbreak.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely! My Air and 5s reboot 5+ times per day. It's so frustrating, especially when I'm with a client. The jailbreak isn't worth actual functionality of the OS.

But that's not a fault of the Jailbreak, tweaks or app which are related to jailbreak.

You're responsible for what you install and you have to check if every single tweak/app is compatible with your device and compatible with all other tweaks/apps you have on your device. So don't blame Jailbreak, tweaks or apps to make your system unstable.

If you just install safe and compatible tweaks/apps from trustworthy sources, then you shouldn't have any problems after all.

I hope this message isn't too offensive, it's not a "attack" on you (if it seems so, then I'm really sorry^^), it's more a statement to all who blame Jailbreak and everything which is related to it if something bad happens with their devices.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 stock made my 5S resorting and I haven't seen any of that since jailbreaking. I will look at the features of 7.1 and decide whether it's worth not having BiteSMS and a few other tweaks

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
But that's not a fault of the Jailbreak, tweaks or app which are related to jailbreak.

You're responsible for what you install and you have to check if every single tweak/app is compatible with your device and compatible with all other tweaks/apps you have on your device. So don't blame Jailbreak, tweaks or apps to make your system unstable.

If you just install safe and compatible tweaks/apps from trustworthy sources, then you shouldn't have any problems after all.

I hope this message isn't too offensive, it's not a "attack" on you (if it seems so, then I'm really sorry^^), it's more a statement to all who blame Jailbreak and everything which is related to it if something bad happens with their devices.

Sorry, I should have clarified. It's an Apple recognized bug that their devices reboot. It has something to do with low memory, nothing at all with my tweaks. I was just saying that I would rather upgrade to 7.1 and a phone that doesn't reboot than my precious, precious tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Not a chance. At this point, none of the tweaks that I value from jailbreaking are set to be implemented in stock 7.1. My jailbreak experience is smooth, the tweaks improve on my efficiency and satisfaction with the device, etc. I won't give up my jailbreak until forced to when I purchase the next iphone that will almost indefinitely come pre-loaded with the next generation of IOS.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not a chance. At this point, none of the tweaks that I value from jailbreaking are set to be implemented in stock 7.1. My jailbreak experience is smooth, the tweaks improve on my efficiency and satisfaction with the device, etc. I won't give up my jailbreak until forced to when I purchase the next iphone that will almost indefinitely come pre-loaded with the next generation of IOS.

Thinking exactly the same! We (or at least people like me) waited way too long for this Jailbreak and the awesomeness with iOS7, so Apple really has to release something more awesome or I (or we) will stay on iOS7 with this Jailbreak ;)

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No. I love my jailbreak too much. If Apple can give us a dark theme and adjust how the dock looks (dockshift), then I'll consider updating.

This post was made by Tiffany

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Restored tonight. Went back to 7.1 beta 4. I'd rather have the awesome performance of 7.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen