What do you think about F.Lux?
    01-29-2014 04:45 PM
    What do you think about F.Lux?
    I'm still getting use to it. I could tell the difference the first night but last night I was so rattled I didn't pay any attention to it.

What about you?

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-29-2014 04:51 PM
    Not my cup of tea and especially with Eclipse releasing.
    01-29-2014 04:53 PM
    I'm going to check Eclipse out.
    01-29-2014 04:56 PM
    I'm still getting use to it. I could tell the difference the first night but last night I was so rattled I didn't pay any attention to it.

What about you?

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    Does it drain your battery or do you see improved battery life on your iPhone?
    01-29-2014 05:01 PM
    I turned it off the other night and immediately noticed the huge difference in using it, vs not. I dread the day I have to go without it now.
    01-29-2014 06:19 PM
    I'm using it on all my devices since iOS 4 and on Mac. It's just awesome and once used you will never want to go back
    01-29-2014 06:29 PM
    What does it do? Isn't do not disturb better?
    01-29-2014 07:00 PM
    What does it do? Isn't do not disturb better?
    f.lux makes the color of your computer's/iDevice's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.

f.lux makes your computer screen look like the room you're in, all the time. When the sun sets, it makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again.

Tell f.lux what kind of lighting you have, and where you live. Then forget about it. f.lux will do the rest, automatically.

Here the link to the official page where you can also download the Mac and windows version

01-29-2014 07:16 PM
    Computer? Aren't we talking about an iphone app?
    01-29-2014 07:49 PM
    There is a Mac version as well as iPhone. I like the iPhone version a lot and find the screen much easier on the eyes. No battery issues that I'm aware of. Will be trying Mac version too.

01-29-2014 10:02 PM
    Ok. Thanks. I googled this and I really don't see a need for it for me. But thanks!
    01-29-2014 10:09 PM
    F.lux is ridiculously awesome. I live getting in my car for the ride home, opening up downcast, listening to mr. Tony for the ride then getting home and looking at my phone and seeing the beautiful hue that flux created after the sun went down. LITERALLY makes my phone look inviting! And playing with the phone at night right before bed no longer strains the eyes.
    It is impossible to understand until you use it! EVERYONE should try it!!!
    Still haven't made the jump on my mac yet, but perhaps I should.

Imore forum app is forcing me to use a signature, which is more than a little oppressive. Change your policies!!!
    fb2 likes this.
    01-30-2014 01:02 AM
    I have been using f.lux for years as well. It will seriously save your eyes at night and make it easier to sleep if your using you iDevice just before bed.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    01-30-2014 01:28 AM
    I love it. Especially when I'm looking at my phone just to check it at 2AM...
    fb2 likes this.
    01-30-2014 11:25 AM
    The description and functionally is completely the same. And I also wrote "f.lux makes the color of your computer's/iDevice's display...."

F.lux is ridiculously awesome. I live getting in my car for the ride home, opening up downcast, listening to mr. Tony for the ride then getting home and looking at my phone and seeing the beautiful hue that flux created after the sun went down. LITERALLY makes my phone look inviting! And playing with the phone at night right before bed no longer strains the eyes.
    It is impossible to understand until you use it! EVERYONE should try it!!!
    Still haven't made the jump on my mac yet, but perhaps I should.

Imore forum app is forcing me to use a signature, which is more than a little oppressive. Change your policies!!!
    I think the same, people should try it. It's easy to say that it's not necessary or "useless" until you really tried it, once installed you won't want to live without it. It's one of the first things to install on Computers and iDevices (iPhone, iPod, iPad)

I have been using f.lux for years as well. It will seriously save your eyes at night and make it easier to sleep if your using you iDevice just before bed.
    Good decision

I love it. Especially when I'm looking at my phone just to check it at 2AM...
    haha know that feel ;p
    01-30-2014 11:48 AM
    It took me about a week or so to get used to it but now that I have I love it.
    fb2 likes this.
    01-30-2014 08:46 PM
    I tried it and since I have a black theme and like everything all black it made my colors look weird :/ to me at lease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-03-2014 05:26 AM
    I tried it and since I have a black theme and like everything all black it made my colors look weird :/ to me at lease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it does. But seriously stick with it for like two nights!
    Try the higher settings, I stick with 3000
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!

02-03-2014 11:49 PM
    I wish I didn't update to iOS 7.1. Apple should really make this a native feature.
    04-05-2014 09:52 PM
    I wish I didn't update to iOS 7.1. Apple should really make this a native feature.
    Yeah. I'm glad I kept jailbreak on one of my devices. Else I'd blind myself every night.

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    04-05-2014 09:54 PM
    I like the blue light blockers from SleepShield better, its high quality and actually blocks blue light which helps you fall asleep after using your device for a while.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 11-17-2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Removed link
    11-17-2014 06:22 PM
    I'm using it on all my devices since iOS 4 and on Mac. It's just awesome and once used you will never want to go back
    Same here. I forget how much more comfortable my iPhone and Mac screens are with it installed. When I have had to turn it off for any reason I'm instantly reminded how helpful I find it for viewing my device.
    11-22-2014 12:06 PM
    I would try a SleepShield instead. No jailbreaking required.
    I purchased a SleepShield for my iphone, ipad and macbook air and it seriously works. Its supposed to block the blue light that keeps us up at night. Lately I am waking up feeling more refreshed after using my iPad late into the night.
    01-10-2015 05:25 PM
    I would try a SleepShield instead. No jailbreaking required.
    I purchased a SleepShield for my iphone, ipad and macbook air and it seriously works. Its supposed to block the blue light that keeps us up at night. Lately I am waking up feeling more refreshed after using my iPad late into the night.
    I'd also search every f.lux link I could find to bump year old forum posts to pretend I'm part of the conversation rather than advertising my product as well. It's definitely not transparent at all.
    CDG likes this.
    01-11-2015 09:16 PM
28 12