I've been periodically backing up my iPhone using Open Backup and storing the files in a safe location.

Only thing I don't understand is, the files are tiny and not at all representative of what's actually on the phone. Does it just store the app/tweak locations so it can reinstall it when you do a restore or is it supposed to back the whole lot up?
    01-28-2014 06:12 AM
    The backups contain data of what is on your phone. The apps and music are synced from iTunes and are not saved in the backup.
    01-28-2014 10:11 AM
    The backups are probably small since the file size of the tweaks and themes are really small. My first post was referring to iTunes backups.
    01-28-2014 10:13 AM
    It's really small, as in a few Kb's. A tweak like BiteSMS alone is around 5mb and I have a fair few tweaks on my phone.
    01-28-2014 11:18 AM
    Well if it works like iCloud it will only back up the changes in data between the stock tweak and the changes that accrue when you access it. It will only be kb In size at first and continue to grow

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    01-28-2014 11:34 AM
    I still don't see how that works. Once you've backed up the files, you can copy it off your phone and store it elsewhere in case you need to restore later.

The files I copied from my phone was in total a few Kb's and when I looked inside, there were no apps or tweaks in there. Just looked like data of what repo's the tweaks came from etc.
    01-29-2014 05:33 AM
    I still don't see how that works. Once you've backed up the files, you can copy it off your phone and store it elsewhere in case you need to restore later.

The files I copied from my phone was in total a few Kb's and when I looked inside, there were no apps or tweaks in there. Just looked like data of what repo's the tweaks came from etc.
    I don't think it actually backs up your tweaks, just enough info for Open Backup to find and restore them when needed. I haven't used the restore feature so can't confirm if that is how it works in practice or not. But, given how quickly it does a "backup" and the size of the file, there are no actual tweaks in there, just info that Open Backup would access on your request during restore.
    01-29-2014 03:10 PM
    it most certainly isn't backing up the tweaks. It is exactly as talkin73 surmises, it makes of record of what it needs to, in simple terms, open up cydia and download all your stuff again.
    01-29-2014 04:35 PM