I strongly recommend Couria over BiteSMS

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This keeps happening too. Apparently I can't have both on there. It automatically removes one app if I install the other. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1391222689.770150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried installing activator, letting couria uninstall then install couria again?

Also what tweaks do you have installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured it out. Apparently I didn't have the updated Flipswitch, yet I don't remember installing Flipswitch. So I had to add Ryan Petrich repo to get the update. My phone crashed out completely once due to the issue with activator I had. So I DFU'd to recovery and rejailbroke without restoring from a back up. Had the same issue again so I deleted all tweaks and just have bare minimum now. Updated Flipswitch and reinstalled Activator and Couria. So far so good. Now I only have those two tweaks, Springtomize 3, Byta, and Sharewidget.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Figured it out. Apparently I didn't have the updated Flipswitch, yet I don't remember installing Flipswitch. So I had to add Ryan Petrich repo to get the update. My phone crashed out completely once due to the issue with activator I had. So I DFU'd to recovery and rejailbroke without restoring from a back up. Had the same issue again so I deleted all tweaks and just have bare minimum now. Updated Flipswitch and reinstalled Activator and Couria. So far so good. Now I only have those two tweaks, Springtomize 3, Byta, and Sharewidget.

I have tried springmotize but the others you have should work good

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
No problem ;)

I don't want to be too offensive... but what exactly do you want (from the bubble)? I'm just interested :)

If it's a number or a address, then it's automatically marked and you can tap and hold to do an action like call the number, add the number to a contact, open the address in maps or add the address to contact and lot more. So if you just need a special part of an bubble, then copying the whole bubble, inserting it in the text field and then choosing the desired part of the text is something you can do in less then 5 seconds.

And if you use ActivityAction for Action Menu, then you can directly use that information in a lot of apps and with Drafts in nearly infinite possible ways :D

And how should it work? should you be able to directly "dive" into the bubbles and take the text like in browser etc.? Maybe it's better, but I personally think it's not necessary. "Each man/woman to his/her own."

I think he wants to be able to copy a selected part of bubble. Now we have to copy the entire bubble then paste it and delete what we don't want

Hahaha I know that xD
But I don't know why he's annoyed that much about something which is not that important. Ok, I don't know what he's planning to do and maybe he's doing it quite a lot, then it would make sense, but actually it's how I said, numbers and addresses are linked, you just have to do that for everything else :p

Lol yeah I agree. Is it an annoyance when you need it? Yeah but I don't need it that much for it to **** me off like it did him lol.

thanks for all of the replies :) well ok (angrymodeactivated :D) actually it is all about convenience and all,i would consider it a general function,and yes it has to be general even if

one doesn't need it,I don't know but it is hard to explain,maybe it is subjective but for me it is quite general function which is "present" in almost every OS :| and well i have sort of

work regarding messages,for eg people send me some sort of numbers/addresses (and yes addresses don't show properly here,we do not have well defined addresses,and i

know it is not Apple's problem but still :p) or any sort of short bit of information,ALONG with a lengthy bit of information about the event,now what I have to do is copy the info in

calenders and make an event out of it while copy that short bit of info/number/address whatever into notes and make a simple note out of it...you know it is all about convenience

and giving users some sort of elasticity,one can do fine without swipe selection/zephyr/everyother tweak in iOS but then why people jailbreak,convience,apart from customization is

answer,and one would get annoyed by constant use of home-button/tap and peck,but still maybe live with it,but these little options does make a difference,my point is just that,and sorry for my English and i know i couldn't comprehend my point correctly,hope you all understand it..well thank you

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I now understand you (better). But that's not the fault of Apple, JB or any other company or software. Developer and companies tries to create/sell products (SW&HW), but it's not possible to implement every little feature to make everyone happy, that's not possible. I know that, I'm also programming and studying i.a. about software development etc. and the more option you out in a app/program the more you have to check and the effort to do that increases dramatically. Apple for example is a company which is known as a company with very intuitive, self-explaining and easy to understand and use apps and systems. They restrict things to make it almost impossible or hard to do something wrong. They want you to see the stuff you really need and not everything. For example the Tweak "Hidden settings" shows you that that they program and develop way more than people think, but they don't release it because it's just overwhelming. I think it should be optional and the user should be able to access such settings, but that's their philosophy.

And to you Kashan Osama , I know what you mean. I also don't like it to leave a app and to start other apps "only" to create a note/reminder/entry in calendar etc., that's why I need/love Jailbreak, which give's you exactly this possibilities. I already suggested you to use ActivityAction for Action Menu. In combination with Fantastical 2 you can also use it the way you described in your last post. For example you get a SMS which contains the following text:
"Hey Kashan Osama, there is a Halloween Party tomorrow at 8pm in Ravensburg. I hope you'll come too. CU". Then you can either tap on the date and create a calendar entry without even leaving the messages app and write the stuff in or you use what I recommend. Copy the bubble, insert in the text field and mark only the red part of the text: "Hey Kashan Osama, there is a Halloween Party tomorrow at 8pm in Ravensburg. I hope you'll come too. CU" then hit the Fantastical action menu, which will launch Fantastical which will parse your selected text and create an entry without doing anything completely automatically.

I don't do that for everyone, but here's a video which show's exactly what I described above with a steps. I send the exact message to myself and create an entry. You can also edit the entry afterward of course, but that's how I do it and it's really fast, easy and I don't know anyone who's faster or who uses a more convenient way.

Here's the Video: [video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpeqpsa72h93hqh/Create%20calendar%20entry%20with%20fantastical.mov[/video]

Here's the "Send to Fantastical 2" URL scheme which will automatically create an calendar entry. If you change the options you can also set to check if it's a calendar entry or a reminder and you can also edit directly, but with this URL scheme everything is already configured and you just have to lean back and watch the magic :p
Code:
fantastical2://x-callback-url/parse/?sentence=@WORD&x-source=Drafts=notes=&add=1

I hope that helps you. Maybe someone will create/code a tweak which lets you select directly from the text, but even then if you don't use ActivityAction for Action Menu you have to copy the text, close the messages app, open another app and put the information somewhere ;)

--
PS: I think that's my longest post ever and the one where I had to configure my phone the most just to show the functionality as described and still protect my privacy xD

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I now understand you (better). But that's not the fault of Apple, JB or any other company or software. Developer and companies tries to create/sell products (SW&HW), but it's not possible to implement every little feature to make everyone happy, that's not possible. I know that, I'm also programming and studying i.a. about software development etc. and the more option you out in a app/program the more you have to check and the effort to do that increases dramatically. Apple for example is a company which is known as a company with very intuitive, self-explaining and easy to understand and use apps and systems. They restrict things to make it almost impossible or hard to do something wrong. They want you to see the stuff you really need and not everything. For example the Tweak "Hidden settings" shows you that that they program and develop way more than people think, but they don't release it because it's just overwhelming. I think it should be optional and the user should be able to access such settings, but that's their philosophy.

And to you Kashan Osama , I know what you mean. I also don't like it to leave a app and to start other apps "only" to create a note/reminder/entry in calendar etc., that's why I need/love Jailbreak, which give's you exactly this possibilities. I already suggested you to use ActivityAction for Action Menu. In combination with Fantastical 2 you can also use it the way you described in your last post. For example you get a SMS which contains the following text:
"Hey Kashan Osama, there is a Halloween Party tomorrow at 8pm in Ravensburg. I hope you'll come too. CU". Then you can either tap on the date and create a calendar entry without even leaving the messages app and write the stuff in or you use what I recommend. Copy the bubble, insert in the text field and mark only the red part of the text: "Hey Kashan Osama, there is a Halloween Party tomorrow at 8pm in Ravensburg. I hope you'll come too. CU" then hit the Fantastical action menu, which will launch Fantastical which will parse your selected text and create an entry without doing anything completely automatically.

I don't do that for everyone, but here's a video which show's exactly what I described above with a steps. I send the exact message to myself and create an entry. You can also edit the entry afterward of course, but that's how I do it and it's really fast, easy and I don't know anyone who's faster or who uses a more convenient way.

Here's the Video: [video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpeqpsa72h93hqh/Create%20calendar%20entry%20with%20fantastical.mov[/url]

Here's the "Send to Fantastical 2" URL scheme which will automatically create an calendar entry. If you change the options you can also set to check if it's a calendar entry or a reminder and you can also edit directly, but with this URL scheme everything is already configured and you just have to lean back and watch the magic :p
Code:
fantastical2://x-callback-url/parse/?sentence=@WORD&x-source=Drafts=notes=&add=1

I hope that helps you. Maybe someone will create/code a tweak which lets you select directly from the text, but even then if you don't use ActivityAction for Action Menu you have to copy the text, close the messages app, open another app and put the information somewhere ;)

--
PS: I think that's my longest post ever and the one where I had to configure my phone the most just to show the functionality as described and still protect my privacy xD

Thank you so so so much mate thank you :) I was just complaining about the small niggles and general features,I don't know but I can't help but make Apple being the one to blame

because,I know it is not rational to say,but still,these sort of features were present previously there and are still here,so what i think,i might not sound rational but a generalization

would be people do use it and as it was present in previous OS'es,it got to be here,and they can still continue with their "locked-in" philosophy",,,I don't know but it just cringes me

not to have that :D:D but anyways thank you for the kind and lengthy reply :)

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Bite is the reason I jailbreak. I bought a license and I am sticking with it... Couria seems inferior to me... Sorry.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Bite is the reason I jailbreak. I bought a license and I am sticking with it... Couria seems inferior to me... Sorry.

Far from inferior when talking about bites QR/QC. You know how annoying it is to have to pull down the thing every single time a new message comes through. With Couria you see the messages right there and them without having to do anything extra. Also the reason why I bought messages+

juanc723

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
i personally dont know whats the big fuss about bitesms. they have an update every week and it really doesnt work good for most users. add the price on top of that and i still dont get it.

imessages is just there why not use it? its just strange that quick reply has not been added to it since the start of ios. if i had one question to ask apple directly that would be it! why have you not add qr to imessages?

in ios6 i was using messages tweak. worked well, did the job right! did pay 2.99

now in ios7, messages has not been updated. so im so glad i found couria! it works and works well. specially with the latest update (which i think its in beta 4 or 5?) works really really good in my i5s

if you just want quick reply to your stock messages app. dont think about it twice get it couria its FREE!!!

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Thank you so so so much mate thank you :) I was just complaining about the small niggles and general features,I don't know but I can't help but make Apple being the one to blame

because,I know it is not rational to say,but still,these sort of features were present previously there and are still here,so what i think,i might not sound rational but a generalization

would be people do use it and as it was present in previous OS'es,it got to be here,and they can still continue with their "locked-in" philosophy",,,I don't know but it just cringes me

not to have that :D:D but anyways thank you for the kind and lengthy reply :)

btw does it have "delay-sms" option??

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i personally dont know whats the big fuss about bitesms. they have an update every week and it really doesnt work good for most users. add the price on top of that and i still dont get it.

imessages is just there why not use it? its just strange that quick reply has not been added to it since the start of ios. if i had one question to ask apple directly that would be it! why have you not add qr to imessages?

in ios6 i was using messages tweak. worked well, did the job right! did pay 2.99

now in ios7, messages has not been updated. so im so glad i found couria! it works and works well. specially with the latest update (which i think its in beta 4 or 5?) works really really good in my i5s

if you just want quick reply to your stock messages app. dont think about it twice get it couria its FREE!!!

iMessage may be "just there" but people use Bite for QC/QR (which you point out is missing from iMessage right after asking why people don't just use that). And for what it's worth, BiteSMS is actually FREE; you only need to buy a license if you want to get rid of the small ad at the bottom of the conversation screen, or if you want themes.

I've used both, and have been switching back and forth lately since they're both in beta. The jury is still out for me!

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
iMessage may be "just there" but people use Bite for QC/QR (which you point out is missing from iMessage right after asking why people don't just use that). And for what it's worth, BiteSMS is actually FREE; you only need to buy a license if you want to get rid of the small ad at the bottom of the conversation screen, or if you want themes.

I've used both, and have been switching back and forth lately since they're both in beta. The jury is still out for me!

I'm a little OCDish so the ad really gets to me. I don't feel like paying for it when I'd essentially only use the QR/QC features and those don't have ads. Before I used to just hide the bitesms app and use stock messages for regular messages app and use the QR/QC from bite but can't do that anymore.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having bad battery drain with couria after the update?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner